Unchainblades Rexx - PSP & 3DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unchainblades Rexx - PSP & 3DS

Seems to be a dungeon crawler like Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

It's a collaboration between a load of character designers with each character in the game designed by a different artist. Takahashi Hino (Grandia) is the Scenario designer, Toshio Akashi (Lunar) is the director. Nobuo Uematsu is composing the main theme.

Scans are floating around.

Hoping the 3DS version gets some major visual enhancements over the PSP one given the difference in power. Looks like the battles feature 2D sprites which'll mean the 3D will be limited. It's due out June so this could end up being the first original JRPG release for the 3DS

Also, screens and art.
    Hoping the 3DS version gets some major visual enhancements over the PSP one given the difference in power.
    I doubt that, developers will add some 3D effects but environments won't be drastically different fom the two consoles, if different at all.
    I wonder how many characters and how players will be able to customize them, one of the biggest factors in dungeon crawlers is party building through skills sinergy.

Comment

Batch of screenshots, unfortunately lots of story screens and very few game shots.

Comment

Liking those character designs a lot.

Hopefully the dungeon crawling aspect is up to scratch

Comment

The first extras are starting to pop up:

Comment

The Medusa girl is my fav at the moment although I am a big fan of Suu Minazuki (check out Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora, probably the funniest manga I'm following at the moment)

Comment

More details and screenshots at Siliconera

Comment

Brief character movies:

Silvy, a shinigami

Lucias, Silvy's brother

Marie, a dryad

Hector, a golem prince.

More details here.

Comment

Short movie with snips of the animated cutscenes, story and special attacks.

Comment

Looks quite fun, the fact it's on the 3DS makes me suspect it's a good candidate for localisation

Comment

My only fear is that battles will become overreliant on special attacks, thus screwing up party synergy.

Comment

Finally a video with a more detailed view of game mechanics. It doesn't show or explain too much, but what has been shown increased my interest for the game a little bit. According to Siliconera, it's possible to tame monsters after combat and use them for a powerful attack if the conditions are right, including monsters' emotional status.

Comment

New batch of screenshots at Siliconera, with details on how PSP and 3DS will handle screen clutter. The on-screen map for the PSP is great, continuously switching between it and the dungeon would have been tiresome for those without sense of direction like me. Though I would buy the 3DS version if comes out here.

Short teaser; "Premium DVD" included with all preorders. Maybe full resolution animated scenes inside?

Comment

Think it's far more likely to come out on the 3DS over here than the PSP. Just hope it isn't Atlus that gets it (which probably would mean no UK release).

Comment

As I have a US 3DS I hope Atlus picks it up, especially after the work done on Etrian Odyssey, Class of Heroes and The Dark Spire. XSeed did a good job with Wizardry on the PS3 too, I wouldn't mind them handling the translation.

Comment

Working...
                              X