Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Circular Scratch Survey

*Thanks to charlesr for allowing me to post this*

My disc repair company is currently undertaking some market research into how many people are affected by the Xbox 360's 'circular scratch' problem.

The survey link is;

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

There are 4 questions and it will take 30 seconds to complete.

Feel free to post your personal experiences too if you like.

We will post the results on the forum for all to see in a few weeks

Anthony

I've filled in the survey, I've never had a circular scratched disc nor known of any family/friends with the issue either.

The obvious thoughts when doing the survey is that there's no choice of which Xbox you've had and whether you run the games from hard drive or the optical drive although I don't know if there's any versions that are worse than others. Personally it's a launch Premium 20GB, a launch Elite 120GB and launch Xbox 260S 250GB I've had which have all been fine.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
      The obvious thoughts when doing the survey is that there's no choice of which Xbox you've had and whether you run the games from hard drive or the optical drive although I don't know if there's any versions that are worse than others. Personally it's a launch Premium 20GB, a launch Elite 120GB and launch Xbox 260S 250GB I've had which have all been fine.

John
      Very true. I wanted to keep it simple as quite a few of our respondants (we've posted this in loads of places now) wouldn't know if it was a launch console, different drives etc.

Would be interesting to split between Standard, Elite and Slim though.

Anthony

Comment

I think I had it happen once, but that was my own fault for moving my 360 whilst it was on

Comment

I think it'd be more accurate to have chipset revisions than just models. Stanard and Elite consoles are identicle after all.

Comment

Surely only the DVD drive is relevant?

Comment

Does it matter which revision, though? I'm not sure if any of the revisions addressed the issue(which, granted, mainly affects people who've moved their consoles while they're on).

If you did want some kind of categorising, the drive itself would be the key thing here rather than the console revision.

:edit: lol, that'll learn me to leave a comment unposted and wander off to Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                Surely only the DVD drive is relevant?
                I guess Zepher/Xenon would have various drives..

You're right ignore me~

Comment

I thought it was pretty much the early consoles that scratched discs when they were stood upright?

Other than the the only way I've heard of them doing it is if the console is moved while reading from the disc.

Comment

I'm on my 5th Xbox, they all died because of RROD. None of them scratched discs, but they were all kept horizontal.

Comment

I did once get a scuff caused by a 360. About 2-3cm in length and appears to be a scratch, but can be wiped off with the right solution.

Comment

I've got a launch Elite and have never suffered any disc scratching. I have used the console both vertically and horizontally in the past although just horizontally these days. I have almost always played games from the HDD since that feature became available.

Comment

I did have one that scratched discs but it was a replacement that went almost straight back because there was a 50/50 chance the drive wouldn't read either. My newer model doesn't seem to exhibit this issue and its actually lasted about 2 years!

Comment

Forgot to subscribe to this thread

It is interesting to see that it is mostly the old consoles that are causing the problems.

Still judging from the results so far a staggering amount of people have experienced this at some stage.

Won't reveal the numbers just yet as i'd like to get at least 100 more responses first!

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                            X