Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithsonian museum wants votes on arty games

WARNING!

For each system, under each category, you can only vote for ONE game, despite having 80 votes. This is ****. Since I couldn't give a damn about some crappy NES or PC strategy title, but now I've wasted my Mega Drive action vote on Gunstar Heroes instead of Ranger X.

If anyone was going to vote for Gunstar, do you fancy putting a vote in for Ranger X for me? Think of it as a trade of votes. Because I'm fairly certain I would have been the only one to rank Ranger X higher. Bah! This is such a stupid system. Some categories have major classics which are competing against each other, whereas others have absolute ****ting dreck which don't deserve any votes.

I mean really. I have to vote on either Archon, Desert Commander or North and South for NES, but I can't vote on both Gunstar Heroes AND Ranger X? You can GTF Smithsonian if you think I'm going to enthusiastically follow that BS.

The Art of Video Games exhibition will explore the 40-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium, with a focus on striking visual effects, the creative use of new technologies, and the most influential artists and designers. We want you to help us select the eighty video games that will be represented in the exhibition. Remember, this is an art exhibition, so be sure to vote for games that you think are visually spectacular or boast innovative design!

THE ART OF VIDEO GAMES VOTING SITE

We have organized the games into five eras, twenty gaming systems, and four genres. Simply select an era to begin and then navigate through the different systems and genres. You do not have to vote for every game on every system, and you can return to the website multiple times in order to complete your vote.
    EDIT:
    Balls! Their set-uop doesn't work properly in Firefox, so I had to use Opera. And I hate Opera. >_<
    Last edited by Sketcz; 18-02-2011, 09:17.

I voted for Ranger X for you mate.

Comment

Sign-up + doesn't work in firefox means - Exit

Comment

Originally posted by hexxed View Post
        I voted for Ranger X for you mate.
        I love you (in a platonic way).

EDIT:
        Turns out you can create multiple accounts - so go crazy people!
        Last edited by Sketcz; 18-02-2011, 10:35.

Comment

I have 35 votes left.

It's all cobblers anyway. Demon's Souls isn't mentioned and neither is MGS3.

Comment

It's also cobblers because you can create as many accounts as you like and they don't check or verify it. I made up an email, Chadwick at hotmail, and set about voting for the games I couldn't.

Comment

It's also a nightmare to navigate the site on an iphone. Gave up in the end. Also what is the target genre??

Comment

Working...
              X