Dual View: Sony Split Screen Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual View: Sony Split Screen Tech

Sony has revealed a new tech which allows a HD 3D TV to display 2 significantly different images on 1 TV. They used Killzone 3 as an example to allow 2 players to play the Split Screen mode in full screen on the same TV without each player being able to see the other players screen. As with 3D the players can't move around and have to be sat in the appropriate position but for those with a 3D TV and still playing in split screen this has go to be a cool advancement.

I remember seeing on Top Gear a range rover that had a display in the dashboard that from the drivers view ir showed the sat nav and the passenger side a film or programme.

Or is this two separate 3D viewing screens using the same principle as above?
    Bri

Comment

Seems to be similar tech to that Range Rover with 1 screen putting out 2 images

Comment

Yep seen this before but it wasn't Sonys one it was another brand. They were playing Tony hawks on it. Have to say it's good idea and something I would buy if it was utilised properly.

Only thing that put me off it was it reduced the image quality down. To be worthwhile it needs to be capable of full 1080p at the same fps as the normal 2D image for both players.

Comment

Working...
        X