No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible I'll get it. If its cheap enough. I didn't get it on the PS4, so I haven't played it since 2014 maybe. However... I have played it so...

Comment

I think for £8.52 allow me to 'here we go again'.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        I have to disagree with you because I don't think the term is at all justified in this situation and I am not focusing on just the devs.

If it was truly lazy, then it wouldn't have had any improvements made. It has new tech features in and while they may not live up to what people want, there is no laziness involved. There is no subjectivity here. You said yourself that they weighed the options and decided against it. An objective decision was made. That means that the Rockstar management are not lazy either. They have had to make a decision based on staffing, market factors, shareholders etc etc etc. That isn't laziness and you cannot interpret things like that as laziness just because you're having a tantrum. Lazy devs has become such a loaded and toxic term that it can't just be thrown out casually.

Again, I am not defending Rockstar I just wish this forum could have better discussions without the same handful of people ruining threads with their childish whining. There is nothing subjective here. If someone thinks that "In my opinion the devs and/or management are lazy" and spouts that rubbish in a discussion, they need to get themselves educated and understand what they are talking about if they want to have a proper discussion. If I've made a mistake and this isn't the place for discussion and we're just throwing out meaningless hot takes fuelled by ignorance and bratty vitriol then fine, I'll happily walk away. But I thought this forum was better than this and threads like this push me away from using the forum. I'm not looking to establish rules or whatever for the quality of discussion I just want this place to be nicer with more informed discussion and less ignorant vitriol (yes I am aware of the irony after some of the language I've used).
        What did gta trilogy have added to it? It was a half arsed port of the mobile versions. If even a team of 20 spent 5 months on it I’d call that time wasted.

Childish whining? Its just stating a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by monel View Post
          I've never played any of the games except maybe seen the first on a PC??

The co op you mention, is it only teams? What about less players, can you do that? Private only.

Also have many people been moaning in this thread? I only scanned it briefly but have you got another tab open or have I missed something?
          There's been a lot of "who pays for this crap" when referring to the online currency. I've enjoyed my time online with people here (Chimp and Teddy).
          The PS5 load times for the PS4 version in the lasts big update after the Tuners was added just became horrendous and I can't play it now. I'll jump back on a little when the PS5 is out from time to time (I just bought the '89 Batmobile )

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Is it only larger teams or can you play with less players in a private session?

Comment

It's a bit screwy how it works.

Some modes are insistent that you play in a public lobby, which is a pain when there are 8 year olds blowing up your stuff when trying to make a few dollars.
              There are ways to trick the game into putting you into a lobby on your own (not sure if this will work on the shiny new PS5 version).
              We actually had a mate who did this trick and then left his PlayStation on and it was like having a private server!

Other game modes are completely away from other players, so less of an issue.
              Stuff like the Perico Heist you can actually solo and you won't get children firing missiles at you whilst trying to sneak around a compound.

Comment

Ps5 version takes 46 seconds to load. I might seem harsh, but thats shocking long for a 2013 game.

Comment

But once you're in-game the character changing is bloody fast!!

Comment

It's pretty much the same as the PC version unless it's being run on an old old rig, without question a bareboned port

Comment

Comment

Eh. As an 'upgrade' it's a bit something and nothing. But as someone who just wants to play through GTA 5 again, I'll gladly pay £8.75 for the convenience of doing so at 60fps on PS5.

Comment

Not even hitting pc ultra settings, sigh.

Comment

I'll be honest, every time I've boosted my Toreador into the air, high above the city, I've been too busy laughing to worry about the resolution of the city.

Comment

Just had a quick play of Story mode. The default ‘fidelity’ graphics mode isn’t for me … a quick switch to ‘performance rt’ and the game comes to life. Even just the early stages I’m wowed by the world … I know they’ve been refining it for years but it’s an astonishing piece of work that deserves to live on across multiple generations.

Comment

Does the PC version in that video have ray tracing? If that screenshot of that video is supposed to show that they haven't matched the foliage density on the PC, ray tracing adds per frame calculations per object so reducing foliage density on console keeps the FPS up and this thing has to run on the Series S. These consoles can't brute force things like a PC can. Again, not a Rockstar evangelist or apologist, just trying to explain why things might be the way they are though I assume it will fall on deaf ears again.

Anyway, has anyone else been saving up their PS Plus free $1m each month? I've got loads of them from the PS store but when I loaded into GTA Online last night I only seemed to get $1m instead of my expected $10m. The message said I got $1m through a PS+ promotion. Was I supposed to log in each time I got one of the $1m from PSN? Or has something gone wrong with the migration?

Comment

Working...
                                X