No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read a few of the previews posted around now, the game is San Andreas but San Fierro and Las Venturas have been removed from the state which I suppose is right given the real life counter parts. Visually the suggestion is the trailers use the console versions but are heavily framed to look in their best light. The in game visuals seem to be pitched as slighly above GTAIV's with plenty texture load in etc and below other recent titles but the volume of changes, fixes and additions is mind boggling. Certainly the biggest push of content since San Andreas. Rockstar are also sticking with the line of no PC or next gen versions, as usual I expect a PC version will rock up in time but I fully believe next gen systems won't see this game. They'll be the driving push behind the eventual GTAVI

Comment

Think we will see it on Next Gen myself , they just won;t talk about it till after launch. They would be stupid not to as all they really need to is take the PC code (which we all know exists) and apply it to the consoles.

Personally I would prefer to at least know rather than all this cloak and dagger crap. If they are doing a next gen version just say, and let people make up their own mind. If not then they should have released the game by now, and then it wouldn't be an issue.

Personally I will wait, any current game post September this year will be pointless buying on current gen consoles. And there will be a PC version of this one way or the other.

Comment

When I do buy a PS4 I don't want to play slightly improved versions of PS3 games on it, that will feel like a poor use of ?400...

I'm getting this day 1. I love GTA.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          When I do buy a PS4 I don't want to play slightly improved versions of PS3 games on it, that will feel like a poor use of ?400...

I'm getting this day 1. I love GTA.
          Hold on though .. thats generally what happens with a new generation. The launch 360 & PS3 games were not that much better than what we had previously.

Personally I would prefer to hold off and get a 1080p version myself, if you are only talking about a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy
            The launch 360 & PS3 games were not that much better than what we had previously.

Yeah but you couldn't buy Ridge Racer 6 or Perfect Dark Zero (which, to be fair, did turn out to be crap) for Xbox or PS2. You had to buy a 360.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
              Think we will see it on Next Gen myself , they just won;t talk about it till after launch. They would be stupid not to...
              It will sell shed-loads on current gen in September of this year, rather than at PS4's/Xbox 3's launch next year. They might bother if a PC version comes later on in 2014, but I would imagine you will still be looking at a relatively small user base on next-gen consoles at that time for them to bother with it.

Comment

Does look brilliant so many difference types of vehicles involved in the trailer. I imagine I would pick up the PS3 version then later PS4 vers if it had heaps of improvements.

Comment

A dozen new screens released

Comment

Unsurprisingly, the Collector's Edition is revealed.

Contains a "Los Santos" baseball cap, a real money bag and a crapload of extra items, like guns, vehicles and customization options for the game.

Man, I hate **** like this, when they cut weapons etc. from the game to sell as micro-transactions. Bad Rockstar, very bad!

Comment

It's only a real money bag if you fill it with money. I wanted the snapback but I heard they ruined it with a colourful GTA logo on the side.

Comment

That cap DOES look well cool... But other that and the game itself, I can't justify splashing out for it... Shozuki probably has 5 on order already 1 to open, 1 to put on the wall at home, 1 for emergencies. 2 for eBay

Comment

With the Exception of ME3 I've yet to play a game with preorder/DLC that I have genuinely felt was worthwhile.

Comment

I really the collectors edition for this but ?120 is expense with everything else thats coming out this year.

Comment

I'm gonna preorder to get the blimp but only because its a game I'd buy anyway. The other editions look pointless.

Comment

Really bad move. I'm going to stick with the regular edition even though I want everything. Just glad they didn't cut missions like LA Noire.

Comment

Working...
                                X