Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent Hill: Online

XBL and PSN game coming soon which is focused on multiplayer co-op

I'm trying to decide if this is a bigger abomination against what the series was supposed to be about than the arcade games...

Comment

This announcment brings thoughts of Resident Evil Outbreak to mind...

AFAIC Silent Hill was and should forever be played as a single player, with limited interaction from other people. The idea of being alone is what creates the atomosphere no?

Comment

For sure. But once again it raises the point that if the devs stick to the same tired format they get slated or if they try something different they get slated.

SH yes, is a lonely experience but you never know how this could work out.

Comment

You never know, this could have very clever use of voice chat.
          Could use proximity chat like Halo - and the game forces the two/three/four of you to be seperated in some way.

Comment

As you're separated from your team, wandering through the streets of Silent Hill, wondering where they are, you might hear footsteps. You look. See nothing. Keep walking. Then, right in your ear, in a squeaky American accent, someone whispers,

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              As you're separated from your team, wandering through the streets of Silent Hill, wondering where they are, you might hear footsteps. You look. See nothing. Keep walking. Then, right in your ear, in a squeaky American accent, someone whispers,
              I sat giggling at my desk - you swine!!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                For sure. But once again it raises the point that if the devs stick to the same tired format they get slated or if they try something different they get slated.
                I agree mate. Cant do right either way, but I'll give this a looksy when its released cos it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Comment

Boom. Headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Sigh... You've done it again... (made me LOL in a quiet office) you should do stand up Dogg Thang...

Im also starting to get concerned that these weekly interjections of kudos from myself, may be seen as suspicious attempts at brown nosing by other forumites. Hmmm...

Ahh, what the hey, you is a funny ass monster muncher... Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                      you is a funny ass monster muncher
                      That is so, so wrong.

Comment

It can still be eerie if you're playing alone in your room, sounds interesting and for once I have the perfect friends to play online with.

Totally offtopic but there's a couple outside my window having an argument about how her phone is more important than him and is in her hand 90% of the day and it's usually fecking facebook. Fun times.

Comment

Working...
                        X