Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no 'Games Released Today in ...' site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there no 'Games Released Today in ...' site?

I wanted to say something about a game released today in 1983 (for example) and I can't find any directory of this sort of thing on the net!

Does such a thing exist?

Do I have to trawl Wikipedia and search everything manually?

Should we start a new site indexing this? I have a great name for it...

I've often wanted to find this info, but there doesn't seem to be a reliable indexing site. Even for as recently as 2004, for example. Wikipedia only lists the best selling games, which is irrelevant because there are plenty of excellent games which sold terrible.

You can sort of use Metacritic to sort by date, but this isn't very elegant:
    Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Comment

That's that sorted then.

Time to start a site dedicated to game release dates!

allyourgamesarebelongtoneil.com

Comment

Why isnt there a thread on here with release dates? If it started a decade ago we'd have 10 years at least!!

Maybe someone should start one, with affiliate links if needed

Comment

I don't know how far back it goes, shipping and arrivals thread could help on some dates for products.

Comment

I vaguley remember we used to have a 'Releases this week' thread...

I'll see if I can dig it out.

Comment

Keith used to do it, but I don't think it lasted long - it was quite a bit of work to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                Keith used to do it, but I don't think it lasted long - it was quite a bit of work to maintain.
                That's right! I just tried to steal the MVC list for today and the next couple of weeks but it all came out a bit blocky...

Got distracted by this...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-FORD-FOCU...-/220768216260

Comment

Genius. I might buy it myself, except I hate Trebor mints.

Comment

Now that is how all ebay items should be sold. Classic.

Comment

Working...
                    X