Why Was I Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Was I Banned?

Cruising the Xbox forums occasionally (yes, I know), I sometimes go to the Suspensions board if I'm in need of a good laugh about clueless people being banned. Apparently at least one other person did this and has set up a website called Why Was I Banned? to document the best examples out there. Examples such as this, this, and this. Enjoy
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Why can you get in trouble for modifying your avatar? Do they mean modifying it via some kind of security hack on the system itself?

Also, getting banned because your name is "Chief Alpha Q" because Alpha Q sounds vaguely like a swear, is kinda stupid. Christ, I wonder if my surname would result in a ban?

Comment

That "My Son" one made me chuckle

Comment

I thought 'My Son 2' and the second 'decorating' ones were hilarious.

Comment

Are they genuine responses? I can believe the scenario's but the replies from MS seem awful uncorporate

Comment

I'm not quite understanding the avatar issue that crops up a lot there. What's that about and why would it be a banning offense?

Comment

I'm not quite understanding the avatar issue that crops up a lot there. What's that about and why would it be a banning offense?
              Non-standard avatar = modded console.

Comment

Ah okay. You'd think people with modded consoles wouldn't advertise the fact. Not smart.

Comment

I think "not smart" is the general vibe of everyone posting to those threads tbh...

Comment

Are people that stupid. One chap got a ban for various comments in his bio, one of which being "I hate Asians".
                    He didnt seem to understand the ban.

Comment

Sometimes you think some people can't be THAT bad or stupid then you hear them on Live and your like yeah, they are out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X