Guardian Heroes (XBLA) - Autumn 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian Heroes (XBLA) - Autumn 2011

Sega have announced an XBLA version of Guardian Heroes for release later this year, with online co-op and "remastered" graphics:

SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced the upcoming re-release of Guardian Heroes, a classic Action-RPG Brawler by celebrated developers Treasure. Originally released for the SEGA Saturn? in 1996, Guardian Heroes has been re-mastered with enhanced graphics, online co-op and battle modes, all-new modes of play, and more. The game will be available via Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this fall.

Guardian Heroes brings the Saturn favorite to life with new HD graphics, presenting Treasure?s iconic fast-paced gameplay on a new generation of hardware, with all of the convenience of purchase via instant download. The game also features:

Action-RPG Brawling: Choose one of four heroes to level up and guide along a branching storyline with five different endings
    Friends, Foes, and Fighters: Play the game?s Story Mode alone or with a second player, or challenge Versus Mode with up to 12 players at once
    Extended Gameplay: Time Attack Mode, Arcade Mode, Arrange Mode and more allow players to explore every nuance of 45 different fighters
    Fully Re-Mastered: All-new graphics and visual effects bring the classic to life in a completely high-definition, widescreen presentation
    Hopefully there'll be an option to use the original graphics (with proper scaling, scanline filtering, etc), although the online co-op is obviously the major draw here. Looking forward to it!

Awesome news, loved the original very much!

Comment

Great news, but I am sure they will find some way to screw this up.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Hopefully the new graphics won't be too horrendous. I'm wondering whether or not a widescreen version will adversely affect the gameplay, as you'll be able to see a larger play area- not necessarily a good thing for a scrolling beat-em-up, if enemies tend to periodically hide off-screen.

Comment

Fantastic news, hopefully more Saturn games will arrive.

Comment

Brilliant stuff, sunk many many hours into this back in the day with my brother.

Also, the intro became permenently etched into my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              The released screenshots look awful. Fingers crossed it's just a filter that can be removed.

Comment

Ugh, you're not wrong.

Comment

That looks horrible. What is the obsession with making the whole thing look like vaseline has been smudged over the screen? The amount of detail lost is quite painful.

I'm not going to buy it if it actually looks worse than the Saturn version.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    The released screenshots look awful. Fingers crossed it's just a filter that can be removed.
                    Yes its an 'Filter and yes it 'can' be removed

Comment

At first I was YES! though after the screens I'm unsure. It's an awesome game though I have the SS version. I'll wait for a video

Comment

That's not exactly a HD update is it?!

Comment

Treasure have been confirmed as the developers and was shown on Gamespot live tonight. Yer it looked, sounded and played like Guardian Heroes
                          RESULT, time to cash my saturn copy in...

Comment

I'll give you 1200 points for it.

Comment

tis alright someone has already paid 6000 points for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X