Steam pricing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam pricing questions

While waiting for some games to come down in price on Steam, I'm becoming more aware of the crazy Euro prices, often way more expensive than buying the games in a shop.

Fallout New Vegas, Dead Space 2, Portal 2 and Crysis 2 are all ?50 (around ?43).

My question is, what are these games priced for you UK folks?

Comment

Thank you Bort! Much appreciated.

Edit: Oh my word. Steam is just bending us Euro people over and giving us a right buggering. The differences are quite horrific.
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 13-05-2011, 20:56.

Comment

Yep. It can be a right bugger at times.

I've helped a few people out by buying and gifting from the cheapest region. Always an option.

Comment

Ah, I wasn't sure you could gift across regions. That's a really good idea.

Comment

In Euros, Fallout New Vegas is €50. That's around ?43. In the UK, it's a far more reasonable ?30 (around €34). And yet I could walk into a shop today and there it was for just over €20 (less than ?20). So I bought it.

I quite like buying digital for the handiness of it and we're so used to complaining about PSN prices but, even with some good sales, if I can buy retail for less than half price of what a game costs me on Steam, it seems Steam still has a long way to go.

Comment

Its a topic that has cropped up regularly in the last few years. Pay more... for less? Thats why i only buy hard copies. If something comes out digital only at a price that cannot be challenged by other retailers it will stay high. We have to stop that happening!

I personally would illegally download someting rather than buy it on itunes. Real CDs at a cheaper price, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X