No announcement yet.

Playstation 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, most character are done in Zbrush/mudbox or whatever then the normal maps applied to a lower polygon version of the same character. Even if a new console came out tomorrow it still wouldn't be able to utilise these high end Zbrush/mudbox models. This is possibly why the Epic demo was disappointing. There is no big leap coming just an upgrade to how powerful the hardware is.

I am still not convince they are aiming for even that with the next Sony console.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      And before anyone parkets, Live and PSN have shown there is, and always will be, a place for low budget more novel titles.
      I agree XBLA, Wii Market place and PSN are brilliant and I hope PS4 will incorporate PS2 games and more great PSOne stuff. I think it`s great to see Arcade games on these market places as well, which are a refreshing change from some of the next gen stuff, which can sometimes take ages to get into. It seems every game nowadays has a training level which sometimes is annoying. I hope for PS4 they just focus on more gameplay and less graphics.
      Last edited by JU!; 30-05-2011, 14:25.

Comment

I am guessing that Sony will combine the move with some sort of kinect-like device for the PS4. I get the feeling that the Kinect and Move are both practice run's for Sony and MS.

Comment

The big question is, will they be able to pull off proper Backwards compatibilty this time round, or is it just an unnecessary luxury?
          Last edited by EvilBoris; 30-05-2011, 15:47.

Comment

I would think proper backwards compatibility is actually a lot more relevant now, what with all the downloadable content that people have paid for and have no physical copy of.

Personally I've long thought it a bit pointless with physical media, since I keep the consoles, but it would be a ball ache to lose the downloaded stuff.

Comment

Because you don't plan on keeping the consoles this time?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                I would think proper backwards compatibility is actually a lot more relevant now, what with all the downloadable content that people have paid for and have no physical copy of.

Personally I've long thought it a bit pointless with physical media, since I keep the consoles, but it would be a ball ache to lose the downloaded stuff.
                I fear the day I have to buy a thin PS3 and re download stuff, when mine snuffs it. I don`t even know if replacing the Blu-Ray drive on my white Japanese PS3 would be a cheaper option. But all the stuff does not transfer in a Back up which is a bit annoying. I guess with PS4 it will be a case of transferring it all over. The backwards compatibility would be great, I did not think of this but would make so much sense. Maybe the new consoles will not have physical media, still not sure on this one. But with Blu Ray having such a large capacity it may be a mixture like this gen is, some physical stuff with some DL stuff.
                Last edited by JU!; 30-05-2011, 16:54.

Comment

I thought when you buy a slim you can connect it to a phat and copy the entire HD, byte for byte? I'm sure I read this somewhere - even copy-protected save data is transferred.

Not true?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Because you don't plan on keeping the consoles this time?
                    At the rate my 360's die, the current one won't last until 2014!

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
                      I am guessing that Sony will combine the move with some sort of kinect-like device for the PS4. I get the feeling that the Kinect and Move are both practice run's for Sony and MS.
                      Weird, I don't get that feeling at all (with Move - can't speak for Kinect).

The Move is as perfect as it could get imo, although it seems to be going the same way the PSP Go did, and getting utterly neglected. A real shame, for such a quality bit of kit.

Comment

Yup, out of the Big 3 Sony is the one most likely to not include anything like Move or Kinect as standard. As a base they always produce a standard system and then offer such things as optional rather than base the whole strategy on it and Move proves very telling as far as how quickly its faded away. I think Sony released it to keep in step with the competition but overall doesn't see it as the future of gaming.

Comment

With Sony's recent f**k up's of failing to provide a secure service, the PlayStation 4 will be offline and singleplayer only. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            I thought when you buy a slim you can connect it to a phat and copy the entire HD, byte for byte? I'm sure I read this somewhere - even copy-protected save data is transferred.

Not true?
                            This is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond James Bond View Post
                              With Sony's recent f**k up's of failing to provide a secure service, the PlayStation 4 will be offline and singleplayer only. ;-)
                              suits me....

put the dev time into the most amazing single player exp and i'm well in

aint going to happen though

Comment

Remember when EA first showed screenshots of Need For Speed: Most Wanted for the 360. They said it was sooo advanced and took so much development time.. that it needed to cost ?50-60. People actually bought into that way of thinking for a while.

Visuals are going to get better and better with each generation - so by EA's way of thinking... at some point we should have to pay ?100 for a game. With 59p-?4 iphone/pad games changing people's perceptions on pricing, I think games for consoles may possibly get cheaper. I hope to see a time in the near future.. where no game costs more than ?20. That seems like a possibility when you read articles on the game pricing issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X