Playstation 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    The best window for them would probably be to release Xmas 2012 and get the lead whilst also dampening the lead with the Wii U but at the moment I'm guessing they're letting that window go unless Halo 4 makes the transition.
    The trouble is for many 1st and 3rd party game is they're either still or only now just finished their big AAA games and so I doubt a year 's development time is now enough while the Teams their piple lines to next gen production, but I'm sure if MS had too, they could launch in Christmas 2012 . I don't see the Wii U as any sort of thread either its hardly offering anything over the 360 and PS3 (which I bet will see a price cut on its launch) and when the 720p and PS4 ship NCl will again be totally outclassed and NCL losing out on 3rd party ports thanks to the massive gulf in spec's and would imagine, that's now been factored in SONY and MS plans

Comment

For Nintendo it's more a case of what percentage of Wii users they can carry over to the new system rather than taking on the new systems, but if MS wishes to continue to try and dent their space they'll need to be more mindful of the company this time

Comment

No launch title has *ever* had more than about a year of dev time (well, except first party Nintendo stuff prior to the Cube). The time from hardware reaching devs to launch is never longer than about 12 months.

Comment

But I saw rumours that Lionhead were making Fable 4 for the next system!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
            No launch title has *ever* had more than about a year of dev time (well, except first party Nintendo stuff prior to the Cube). The time from hardware reaching devs to launch is never longer than about 12 months.
            HALO did, so did Heavenly Sword So did Perfect Dark Zero so did Kameo J/K :P
            It's not just about having the Hardware for quite a few teams that one would look to launching software they've only just finished their productions and with next gen systems having less than a year to make a complete game from start to finish , would be asking a lot of the said developers some which only have a couple of lines and maye haven't quite got their pipelines up for next gen development
            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 25-10-2011, 13:57.

Comment

Pedant.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                Pedant.
                It's true though isn't it , Sonic Adv was also in development for longer than a year and half too . I'm sure the same was true for NFL 2K as well

Comment

The danger of the sweeping statement. To be fair Flabio you did emphasize the word *ever* so you were kinda asking for someone to disprove your statement! I suspect you are right as a general rule though.

Comment

Mario 64? Surely. Even the controller was modelled around it

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      Mario 64? Surely. Even the controller was modelled around it
                      No That was had 15 months of development even before NCL showed the N64 off for the 1st time in the Shoshinkai November 1994 show has confirmed by SGI and Miyamoto-san in EDGE #29 In the same issue it was confirmed that even Pioltwings 64 was developed at 1st with a Snes style pad , I think the likes of Toy Commander had a long-ish development period for a launch title too

I suspect you are right as a general rule though
                      As a general rule yes - but there's always an exception to the rule and quite a few lauch games that had more than 15 months of development on them, for various reasons.

If looks back at MS major launches they now have no Bizarre Creations to make a PGR launch game for them, no BUNGiE now, Infinity ward only just finished COD, Temco/Team Ninja are still working on DOA 5 and Ninja Gaiden III so they'll not be ready , what Little In- House studios MS have I doubt would have much ready, given that Turn 10 only just finished Forza 4, RARE are dead as a games maker to many -not that Kinect Sports III would sell the machine anyway and that leaves Fable 4, Halo 4 maybe? For lot of the 3rd parties are still just finishing their latest productions as they milk the current generation for one more time.

Yes 3rd parties will have lots of Productions lines but It be bit of rush to make sure they're all ready for the Next gen with even more powerful systems whilest trying to support the current systems and make games for Vita and the like. Though I'm sure Ubisoft are ready and started a while back planning for the next -gen and no doubt already have a couple of games that good go, and I'm sure if need be we could always have Direct X 11 versions of games like BF III to help with launch at a push. All I think is next time both SONY and MS will not allow each other to have a big launch window all to them self's

Comment

SCEE boss says they'd like to avoid having PS4 come out as late after the Xbox 3 as happened this gen though hint it ain't coming yet

Comment

Sony act coy about a PS4 coming soon but pretty much poo-poo the idea of ditching physical media

Comment

Sony will not announce PlayStation 4 this summer at E3 2012. Denial comes from the top: Kaz Hirai - overseer of the con…

Sony's Kax Harai flat out says: No Playstation 4 at E3 2012

Comment

Sony poo-poos anyone who think physical media based consoles are going anywhere pre-2022

Comment

How else are Sony gonna sell us the same films we already own on VHS, DVD, Bluray to work on our new 4k tellies?

Comment

Working...
                                X