This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
    I don't suppose anyone knows, I certainly can't find any info googling but can you partition a hard drive so you can use one partition on your PC and one partition for the WiiU? I would think a 1TB or 2TB hard drive for the WiiU is a bit OTT...

Also to those who will order/have ordered what games are they planning on getting? I'm curious if there's something I've missed that might be worth having...

I ordered:

Wii U Premium (US Ver.)
    ZombiU
    Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Tank! Tank! Tank!
    Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed
    Easus partition manager bud. I have used one between a Wii (one) and pc. It can split between file types not sure if its free though I have a really old version. May not work with the U as said above
    Last edited by ETC; 20-11-2012, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
      cheers lads, I'll give that a go and report back when my WiiU gets here!
      I hope you didn't go and order another copy of NintendoLand, as that is in the premium pack.

Comment

I have a US Wii U on the way to me too, but I could only get hold of a white basic set. Apart from the fact that I think the black looks nicer I will survive, just hook up an external USB-harddrive and I should be good

Comment

A trial version of Rayman Legends will be available in Europe at the Wii U's launch, Ubisoft has told Eurogamer.The sid…

Something more to look forward too for Euro launch. I know its only a demo but good to see a demo available on launch day

Comment

Sorry I'm wrong duh
            Last edited by ETC; 20-11-2012, 16:51. Reason: Read it wrong

Comment

A fresh study done by Nielsen shows that Wii U is the second-most sought after electronic device among US children aged 6-12. Among people aged above 13 it's in spot number 4. I had no idea the Wii U was so widely known and desired at this early stage. Not surprisingly, the iPad takes top spot in both age groups. Regardless, it seems that Wii U currently has a pretty wide appeal. Maybe consumers are truly ready for a new console generation, or that the unique gamepad actually is as appealing as Nintendo thought.

LINKY: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...d-to-iholiday/

Comment

^^

hmm I would take that with a large pinch of salt to be honest.
                it gave no information to the number that took the survey or where or the questions used. If it was sponsored etc its potentially that high because it is currently in the public eye due to the launch or maybe it is that good I'm sure we will know in 6 months

Comment

Nielsen rarely (if ever) give out numbers or detailed information about how their studies are performed. They are the largest market research firm in the world and have clients like Coca Cola and Walmart. Their measurement method of viewing habits (The Nielsen Ratings) are the primary method of measuring around the world. They don't publish studies without knowing what the hell they're talking about, that's just not how they roll. If Nielsen says it's so, IT IS.
                  Last edited by JSR; 20-11-2012, 18:14.

Comment

I teach Year 6 primary school children (10-11) and most of them seem to know next to nothing about the upcoming Wii U launch. Some of them even accused me of making it up!

Comment

No Wii U's at VG+ until after xmas, incase anyone is interested.

Comment

TANK TANK TANK does have an online mode doesnt it ?? im confused now

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                          Nielsen rarely (if ever) give out numbers or detailed information about how their studies are performed. They are the largest market research firm in the world and have clients like Coca Cola and Walmart. Their measurement method of viewing habits (The Nielsen Ratings) are the primary method of measuring around the world. They don't publish studies without knowing what the hell they're talking about, that's just not how they roll. If Nielsen says it's so, IT IS.
                          In that instance then how do we know that that survey was bankrolled by Nintendo then?

Comment

gware: Where does it say? Can't find anything about it on their website, twitter, blog or Facebook-page.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              In that instance then how do we know that that survey was bankrolled by Nintendo then?
                              It wouldn't matter if it was, Nielsen's entire business is built upon being accurate, and they are the most public research firm out there, so to even suggest that they would manipulate the outcome in a way that obscure the truth is preposterous. They would never, ever risk their position by doing something as foolish as that.

But I very much realise that not all in that age group know of all the products in the listing (or even half of them). But when presented with the options - and explained what they were - I can totally see the Wii U ending up around where it did.
                              Last edited by JSR; 20-11-2012, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                                It wouldn't matter if it was, Nielsen's entire business is built upon being accurate, and they are the most public research firm out there, so to even suggest that they would manipulate the outcome in a way that obscure the truth is preposterous. They would never, ever risk their position by doing something as foolish as that.
                                Yes but there are questions and indeed locations that can give a more favourable result to any survey anyone knows that. Anyways look I'm not saying its bull**** it probably isn't but its probably down to it being strongly in the publics eye with it being the launch and everything. If Nintendo can convert the interest in to sales then fair play to them and good for them. I'm sure the sales figures will tell us all if its a success or not

Comment

Working...
                                X