GB Player - What an interesting concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB Player - What an interesting concept

Think about it. Being able to play your games away from home (like myself who's off on business a lot), then come back and slap the game into your console and continue your save game on the TV.

GBA (and obviously Neo Geo to a smaller audience) has proven there's still tons more life in 2D console gaming, so why not focus on it more?

Or perhaps Nintendo should develop the next Game Boy in conjunction with the next Gamecube. Just miniaturise (sp) the next Gamecube hardware, standardise on SD cards for save games (to keep the bulk down), and you've sewn up the console and handheld market in one go!

Gotta think about if it is affordable to the consumer first...

Comment

Still, it's a great concept, and I'm sure that Nintendo had something like that in mind.
      Wasn't there some speculation, at one point, over a Final Fantasy title of this nature?

Comment

Personally, I prefer a different kind of gaming experience on the move to the one I have at home, which is why the GBA has been somewhat of a failure in my eyes as it lacks the pick-up-and-play portable experiences that made up the most part of the original Game Boy and Neo Geo Pocket's catalogues.

However, I'm glad the GB Player was released as I could now play some of those epic RPG's that were completely impossible on the move.

I'm not expecting much more than PSone/N64 ports on the next round of handhelds, so there's a good chance I won't even bother upgrading if there are no "handheld" games out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
          Personally, I prefer a different kind of gaming experience on the move to the one I have at home, which is why the GBA has been somewhat of a failure in my eyes as it lacks the pick-up-and-play portable experiences that made up the most part of the original Game Boy and Neo Geo Pocket's catalogues.
          I agree, I don't see the point of playing something like Final Fantasy Tactics on a Game Boy. I did recently discover the joys of Game & Watch Gallery 4 though.

Comment

After playing Advance Wars on a GBA emulator I went straight out and bought a GB Player and a copy of the game. I've never been into handhelds (drive everywhere), but recently with all the travelling abroad I've been doing, a GBA would be great. Especially if I can concinue where I left off using the same cart.

I'll buy a GBA proper, next time I'm going through the duty free. Advance Wars runs my life right now!

Comment

I'm skipping the PSP by purchasing a PSOne + screen for the car. It should be here this week infact.

Got FFV, FFVI, FFVII, Tekken 3 and SFA3 on the way too.

Also looking out for a cheap copy of FF:Tactics. I figure it's better than the GBA version, am I right?

Comment

Still no bloody USA indigo GBA Players. Wankers.

Comment

Working...
                X