X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    You can't "chip" a 360.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    I haven't checked this website (or seen photos related to it), but you don't suppose the guy was selling modded Xbox 1 systems for retro geeks (they are sublime for emulation), and the 450 games were a combination of roms and Xbox 1 titles like Panzer Dragoon, do you?

Because I fully advocate everyone owning a chipped Xbox 1 system - they're decent rigs for running most good emulators and can run through RGB on an SD TV quite nicely (just be sure to set to NTSC output ti disable anti-aliasing).

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      We need to get our pirates mentoring from the finest Chinese bootlegging outfits. This just won't do. Won't somebody think of the (homegrown) pirates?
      Seriously, I could create a bigger piracy ring in my bedroom. In a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post
        I would imagine they included the 450 games value on each machine to make it look better?
        Even if you allow 40 quid for each game that's still only 18 grand, making each Xbox ?1928. Hmmm. Unless the bloke sells them with crack inside or summat.

Comment

I think they are moreso basing it on each Xbox comes preloaded with 450 games so each Xbox is worth 18250 x 250 and you have a nice figure that looks good to people who don't think past their first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post
            I think they are moreso basing it on each Xbox comes preloaded with 450 games so each Xbox is worth 18250 x 250 and you have a nice figure that looks good to people who don't think past their first thought.
            I think they've just plucked it out the air tbh, because that would make 4.5 million. Plus I wouldn't have though you could get anywhere near 450 games on a 360 hard disc- you'd need terabytes of space.

Comment

Good point, I will stop looking for logical reasons why they have come up with that figure and accept whoever it was is an idiot.

Comment

If I put 200 XB360 games on a HDD, is it then worth ?8000? ... I can't stand the way the law and business talk about piracy. The fact is.. if pirates had to buy games, they wouldn't buy many, and they certainly wouldn't buy H.A.W.X for ?40.

These days.. I only buy games when they're at a low price. ?20 is the most I'm prepared to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  IBecause I fully advocate everyone owning a chipped Xbox 1 system - they're decent rigs for running most good emulators and can run through RGB on an SD TV quite nicely (just be sure to set to NTSC output ti disable anti-aliasing).
                  Everyone softmods Xboxs - there's literally no point in having a modchip in an Xbox anymore - especially as XBL is no longer active.

My point is, you have to flash the 360s drive or jtag - neither of which is a "chip".

And I don't think they'd value an original Xbox at ?2k. I wouldn't value one at ?2. Far too much.

Comment

"Trading Standards officials said 250 Xbox 360s and hard drives and 450 copied Xbox games were confiscated at a flat in the city."

Must have been a pretty big flat!!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Everyone softmods Xboxs - there's literally no point in having a modchip in an Xbox anymore
                      You've made me feel very old.

is it easy to softmod an Xbox? I might pick up a few and do them to keep as spares.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                        You've made me feel very old.

is it easy to softmod an Xbox? I might pick up a few and do them to keep as spares.
                        Quite easy apparently, even easier if you already have a hard modded machine to help you, I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X