Anticipation: July 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipation: July 2011

Wow, just wow. We're looking squarely at the true return of the summer drought as July and August dry up for note worthy new releases as companies forget people don't just want to buy games in November.

Out of the limited number of games due next month, which one's tickle your fancy?
    Agarest: Generations of War Zero
    0%
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
    0%
    Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
    0%
    Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D
    0%
    Splinter Cell: Trilogy HD Collection
    0%
    None - Time for backlog *cracks knuckles*
    0%

Bit early for this one given there's still two weeks worth of releases to come in this month (well, almost).

From a flick through the Amazon dates, you're missing 'Call of Juarez: The Cartel' as well.

But if that's the lot (and it seems to be) then July is a backlog month for me. Time to get cracking on Tactics Ogre perhaps.

Comment

June has been a bizzarely overpopulated month considering how quiet the rest of summer looks set to be so I'll probably be going through my backlog a bit.

Tempted by Agarest (hopefully it has a translation that doesn't make me want to tear my eyes out) but then I remember I'd have to play it on a TV where other people could potentially see me playing it.

Wasn't Star Fox due out July?

Comment

Starfox seems to have taken a fairly heft delay back. I'm hoping that when it appears it'll mirror the Japanese release and see it launch alongside the new red 3DS. I think it's looking like a September launch for that now. I can see me focusing on the Wii over the remainder of summer with so little due out, I'm almost through with the 360 now so it's the next stop point and I should be able to clear it in the 2 months before it gets manic.

Comment

I've been told that EDF while fun, loses a lot of the essence of the series. So nothing.

Comment

Like Flabio said, the new Call of Juarez is out next month. Also Catherine gets released in North America and Eric Chahi's (Another World) new game From Dust is out too.

Comment

I'll be buying Ape Escape [i]Move[i/] this week (for the kids honest!) & after that, based on the titles listed in this thread, my only other purchases through July & August are likely to be PSN/XBLA titles. Just as well too as I've got loads of stuff still to get through.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                Starfox seems to have taken a fairly heft delay back. I'm hoping that when it appears it'll mirror the Japanese release and see it launch alongside the new red 3DS. I think it's looking like a September launch for that now. I can see me focusing on the Wii over the remainder of summer with so little due out, I'm almost through with the 360 now so it's the next stop point and I should be able to clear it in the 2 months before it gets manic.
                At least the new E3 trailer did show off some much needed improvements to the graphics. They increased the draw distance, added more lighting effects and more shaders. The asteroid field and the lava level look rather lovely.

So much for that 'launch window' though.

Comment

Icarus seems to have taken a massive release date hit too. Hopefully it means a packed Xmas window... not that I'll have the money for them during that mash up of releases, lol

Comment

I think Starfox is still down for a July release in Japan. I will be getting that, El Shaddai, Catherine, and EDF. Complete opposite of a drought IMO.

Comment

Could do with a few months without any releases tbh. Will pick up Duke for ?15ish soon enough Im sure.

Comment

Isnt the new Call of Juarez out in July?

It might be rubbish, I didnt like the other two very much, but it still appeals more than any of those other games.

Comment

July's been banded around for it but it's pretty sketchy and there's little info on it so I was a bit hesitant to include it.

Comment

Resi Mercenaries, Rhythm Tengoku Wii, EDF, El Shaddai and Taiko no Tatsujin DX for me.

Comment

There's nothing I plan on buying in July. I've come to embrace the summer of drought, it's festival season, it stays light 'til 11 o' clock, nature is in full bloom and as such it's a time I largely put gaming aside for a little while and focus my energies elsewhere. I only wish the Sun would come out and say hello, then I wouldn't be here typing this.

Comment

Working...
                              X