X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do-Don-Patch

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
      Just out of curiosity, how is Donpachi pronounced? Is it Don-pa-chee?

Tokuda - did you get my PM?
      yeah- you`ve nearly got got the pronounciation down. Its more Don-pa-chi

Yep- I did mate- I can get you Donpachi no problem for 17quid delivered, but Dodonpachi PS, is daaaaaaaamn rare (so rare I`ve never ever seen it here).

As its so hard to find, you`re better off getting the Saturn version of this which I can get, as it is still a wicked version of the game. I can`t remember the price for this off-hand, but its in my trading post.

Comment

PSone clear winner. Great 2D machine, probably better than the Saturn except for fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
          http://boards.gamers.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=dcharlie&id=zzzxw

PSone clear winner. Great 2D machine, probably better than the Saturn except for fighters.
          Some interesting reading there - cheers for the link

Comment

No problem man, if you have any more questions on the genre then feel free to ask.

Comment

I have a question, Lord Sidez. How do you usually play shooters, normal or tate mode? And if it's tate, do you keep one TV turned on it's side just for shooters, or change it back and forth?

Comment

Either I lie down on my side in tate mode and use a pad or I use bordered mode and a stick. I play a lot better in tate mode and if I had the space here i'd buy a second TV for it.

For Ikaruga I flipped my 19" PC monitor and ran it through VGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                  I lie down on my side in tate mode and use a pad

I tried this with Psyvariar (I'm using a widescreen set) but I got major bloodrush to the head!

Comment

That's half the fun.

Comment

I use my widescreen TV in tate mode for all shooters - its actually really easy to do - check out this site for how to do it without messing up your TV - the method does work!

Lots of great reviews here as well.

This website is for sale! turn.to is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, turn.to has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Dodonpachi with spine for the Saturn is currently ?50 at VGI - from a Japanese ebay seller you can probably get it for about ?35 - it's well worth it - infinite replay value.

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                        Lots of great reviews here as well.

This website is for sale! turn.to is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, turn.to has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                        Worst reviews ever more like. Please guys ignore everything on that site.

Comment

ha great reviews in terms of informative, giving details of the games and plenty of screenshots - I've not tried enough of the games to agree with all the reviewers opinions - you don't want to ignore everything on the site - the info about flipping your TV is sound.

Comment

One thing about flipping your TV:

It may make you feel ill.

I tated my monitor for some Dodonpachi 0wnage and within minutes I was feeling sick due to the refresh running across the screen rather than down.

Some people it doesn't affect, some people it affects worse than others. It's something you should bear in mind though. We wouldn't want you suffering a brain haemorrage or owt!

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                              ha great reviews in terms of informative, giving details of the games and plenty of screenshots - I've not tried enough of the games to agree with all the reviewers opinions - you don't want to ignore everything on the site - the info about flipping your TV is sound.
                              The screenshots are dire and flipping the TV is hardly rocket science. Just unplug it, wait 30 minutes to an hour to be safe, flip, wait 15 minutes then turn it on.

DDP on PSone is beautiful in tate. Saur, it was not your PS2, it's just the game looking a bit crap in bordered mode but in vertical mode it convinced me that my RGB lead was working fine ^^

Comment

Hmmm, I'm new to all this shmup stuff but it sounds great fun. Before, I saw them as short stupidly-hard games, but I can see the replay value / mastery that you guys display, and I'm intrigued.

So is Donpachi a good game to start off with? The price is certainly right

--Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X