When fan-mods improve a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When fan-mods improve a game

Can a community really improve on what is put out at retail? The GTA4 scene would certainly say so! Are there are other examples out there?

All ingame shots of PC GTA4 with fan-made mods and enhancements.

If you own GTA4 on PC and have a powerful enough rig, follow this thread for instructions on how to play it with these graphics:

Oblivion mod - Andoran

Regular Oblivion modded - http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9...eenshot9ds.jpg
    Last edited by PeteJ; 16-07-2011, 10:21.

Comment

The Complete Stalker mods:

A comprehensive overhaul for the 2007's S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl created by the modding community, it enhances various aspects of the original game, including graphics, sound, gameplay mechanics, and bug fixes. The mod improves the overall...

Comment

Half life and HL2 are obvious choices. I recall Counterstrike was a mod but better graphics are just that and don't necessarily = improvement.
        I was quite happy with fan made tracks in Guitar Hero at the time.

Comment

Given how badly optimized GTA4 was originally, I shudder to think what that mod would do to a PC that isn't directly powered by the Sun!

Comment

Even retro

Last edited by Solar; 17-07-2011, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
              Even retro

That looks awsome, sound is twitchy but still nice on

Comment

A number of the Fallout 3/Vegas mods I would say in some way improve the game either visually or gameplay wise. Anyone who originally played Battlefield 1942 will remember Desert Combat which was a really great mod for the time.

Comment

Some nice stuff in this thread. That GTA mod is what I'd expect next gen graphically

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

That is awesome!

Comment

The GTA mods give the game stunning looks... but do they fix the awful gameplay decisions? lol

Comment

Bet the character models don't get the same amount of love in those mods either...

Comment

Wow just looking at those PC GTA4 shots makes me want to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X