Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 6

Capcom announced Resident Evil 6 at Comic Con. Theres no details other then there's due to be a full reveal at TGS...

Please please be a return to the horror focus. The Lost in Nightmares DLC demonstrated quite well that you can still have an action-focused game whilst retaining a sense of claustrophobia, an excellent atmosphere etc.

Comment

We were promised that this'd be a reboot bringing the series back to its horror roots.

I'm not amazingly convinced they'll give us that though.

Comment

How about a new Megaman instead...

Speaking of Lost in Nightmares, did the PC version ever get the DLC?

Comment

Sadly not, which is a shame considering how awesome the framework engine looks running on decent PC's. As for this well, how much of the original Resident Evil team remain these days? As long as they havent shipped this out to Ninja Theory theres hope...

Comment

Fans: 'reboot the series!'
            Capcom: 'Resi 6 it is then'

Bah.

Comment

Hope it is better than 5. It was ok but lacked any atmosphere.

For me it needs the basic control of Shadow of the Damned with few but difficult enemies and a lot of darkness.

Comment

What we're probably going to get:

More cover shooting! Regenerating Health! Even more linear!

Comment

I hope they give us a new set of characters. Getting tired of Chris and Jill, and their increasingly caricatural physique. Not to mention how silly it is that they appear near every zombie-event in the world. Now that
                  is finally dead, it's time to let them go.
                  Last edited by JSR; 23-07-2011, 18:58.

Comment

You could have added a spoiler alert around that reveal.

Comment

I want Umbrella back, the untouchable, sinister corporation was what made the feel of the games for me. In fact I just wish we could go back to the pre-RE4 days for the series, RE0 trounced all over it as far as I was concerned.

Comment

Gah double post.

Comment

I'm actually with you there. I think RE4 made a significant amount of progress in gameplay terms, but I'm not convinced it was the right direction to go in scenario terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            I'm actually with you there. I think RE4 made a significant amount of progress in gameplay terms, but I'm not convinced it was the right direction to go in scenario terms.
                            I think few people would disagree with the improvements made to the control system, the enemy AI or the new fixed camera-perspective. But the story and the overall structure of the games declined with RE4. Now you went from an enclosed area, killing everybody there, hit a switch, then went to a new enclosed area and repeated the whole process. And the scenarios where so over the top, they failed to feel as real and atmospheric as those in the earlier game. As the player was hurried from one area to the next, it was hard to get a real connection to the environments in the game. They all felt like shallow set-pieces.

Comment

RE5 didn't just ruin Wesker though, it ruined Umbrella. They were no longer mega corporation interested in profit and subtle manipulations of government through weapons. in RE5 Spencer wanted a similar type of global domination that Wesker wanted, just slightly less extreme.

Comment

Working...
                              X