PTE 13: The Greatest Handheld Grand Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTE 13: The Greatest Handheld Grand Final

So we have our final three and the only thing we know for sure is Nintendo has won

Above are the three most popular handhelds as voted in the previous 3 rounds from across the history of gaming handhelds. Time to vote for which of the final three you feel is the Greatest Handheld ever made.
    Game Boy Color
    0%
    Game Boy Advance SP
    0%
    Nintendo DS Lite
    0%

I went for the Lite myself, it's a great set up and comfortable to use. It's likely why I get on well with the 3DS too as they share dimensions well. It's GBA support also made it a more comfortable alternative to the SP for me and my man hands

Comment

Lite for sure. Only reason I have so many DS games.

Comment

Lite as although I find it uncomfortable at times, it plays both DS and GBA games and certainly made the DS a household item!

Comment

I voted DS Lite too, much for the same reasons as above.

Comment

DS Lite of course. It has a huge library of games with GBA and DS games combined.

Comment

GBA for me. With GBA and GB compatibility it was a win.

Comment

Though the vote is sliding heavily in favour of one system we'll call time on the voting tomorrow morning. Go! Go! Go!

Comment

It's all about the games & on that front the DS absolutely destroys the libraries of both GB & GBA, sure theres some amazing games in both but the DS has a massive selection of fantastic titles, i certainly couldn't think of 100 GB or GBA games that i wanted yet i can with the DS.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    It's all about the games
                    Except it's not in this case, given that several variants of DS hardware were included in the poll. I'd vote for the DSi XL over the GBA but I voted for the latter as I find the DSL uncomfortable to use over an extended period of time and I've always hated the D-pad. I completely stopped playing Animal Crossing when I found that the DSL D-pad didn't register diagonals as well as its predecessor, which made it horrible to navigate. I don't think I could ever vote for a piece of hardware that put me off playing games!

Comment

DS Lite.

I can play 8 player Mario Kart with one copy of the game and then play some Minish Cap afterwards if the mood takes me.

Good stuff!!

Comment

And with the voting now closed the Nintendo DS Lite stormed away with it!

Comment

Working...
                        X