Third Party Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Parties

With this slew of recent decent 3rd party games (it seems) I am actually dumbfounded, completely surprised. If SSX3 and Prince of Persia are as good as are touted then the world of gaming has finally got to the next level, however if they are just paid reviews then I was be unamused.

Honestly, I don't know if its the cynic in me or what, but EA finally making decent games again seems odd, Ubi Soft seem to be making better and better games (although Splinter Cell was overrated) its great and Infrogrames (I mean Atari) I don't know what they are up to.

These uber huge companies seem to be doing the trick, swallowing up people like BlackBox et al and giving them the funds to make great games, I wonder if these companies have realised that great games sell not great marketing......

Yep I am surprised too. I never thought I would buy many multiplatform titles for my Gamecube but this year there seems to be loads of options!

I have SSX3, Need for Speed, True Crimes, I-Ninja, R Racing Evo, Prince of persia all on my list.

Comment

Don?t forget this year?s NBA Street vol. 2. Not only is it an incredible b-ball game it has also a OST from the biggest names in rap music, groovy!

I?m also looking forward to the new Medal of Honour and JB 007 games from EA.

Comment

Yep, EA and Ubi-Soft have made some very high quality games this generation, even if EA's are very generic/mainstream. It's the likes of Midway, Acclaim and THQ you need to watch out for...

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
          Yep, EA and Ubi-Soft have made some very high quality games this generation, even if EA's are very generic/mainstream. It's the likes of Midway, Acclaim and THQ you need to watch out for...
          I agree on Acclaim and THQ (and previously 3DO). Eidos are headed that way too for some reason.

But Midway I am a bit leniant on as they seem to be trying hard to turn around their mistakes with some original concepts and budget priced titles.

Comment

didnt midway just employ Romero?
            To work on a remake of Gauntlet
            eek

Comment

I think THQ have really improved this generation :O

Sphinx is looking nice, they are publishing Broken Sword 3, they published Gitaroo Man on PAL (60Hz & decent boxart, yay) and stuff like Red Faction and Firewarrior havent been too bad.

Codemasters were huge on the PSX, everything they did turned to gold, they were easily as good with the machine as Konami, Capcom, Namco, Square etc.. Colin McRae, TOCA, MMV3, LMA Manager, Music, WC Snooker, Brian Lara Cricket.. All their franchises seem to have diminished or died and their new stuff is a waste of time.

Eidos are going through a wobbly period. SCi have boomed the past few years off the back of The Italian Job and then Conflict Desert Storm, it will be interesting to see if they can sustain the momentum or grow from this.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                But Midway I am a bit leniant on as they seem to be trying hard to turn around their mistakes with some original concepts and budget priced titles.
                Which games? I haven't really been keeping up. Their Spy Hunter, Gauntlet and Defender remakes were pretty awful.

Comment

Well they have Roadkill, The Suffering, ESPionage coming out. All seem to be fairly low cost, fairly decent ideas and fairly good.

Comment

Midway published Shadow Hearts in the UK, so I love them forever they even bunged in a mini strategy guide..

Haven was alright too, flawed and unoriginal but i really liked the atmoshpere the game had for some reason

Comment

Working...
                    X