GoatUp (Llamasoft, iOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoatUp (Llamasoft, iOS)

Cheeky vid of Minter's latest. Looks like a kind of Rainbow Islands/Ice Climber jobbie, with goat breeding as central mechanic. Or maybe it's about trying to cash-in on the Doodle Jump scene. Looks great, in any case, with Minter trademarks of much frantic + psychedelic + tight controls + ruminants. Minotron 2012 was great so I'll get this.

EDIT: embedded link not working so clicky:
    Little play of the start of GoatUp, our new iOS game. (The music is just what was playing in the background and isn't actually in the game). It's running on...
    Last edited by Golgo; 06-09-2011, 07:36.

Looks ace. I'm going to have to get one of these smart phones or an ipad or something.

Comment

^ it's the humane thing to do - if only to keep Minter in digestives and curry.

Comment

I see Minter has moved a long way in the last 30 years.

Comment

^ Still making immensely playable arcade games and refusing to compromise his unique aesthetic to market pressures, you mean? Great, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            ^ Still making immensely playable arcade games and refusing to compromise his unique aesthetic to market pressures, you mean? Great, isn't it?
            Absolutely. Minotaur Rescue and Minotron 2012 are two of the best games released this year!

Comment

I fail to see what is playable in that title. Just looks very dated and basic with stupid animals. His weird obsession with goats and minotaurs was amusing 20 years ago but now it grates.
              Last edited by nakamura; 07-09-2011, 09:34.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                I fail to see what is playable in that title. Just a collection of very dated games with stupid animals.
                That's what I thought since the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  I fail to see what is playable in that title.
                  I guess the thing is in the 'playing' and not the 'seeing'.

Comment

I reckon it looks quite decent, but would probably play better if there were no edges.

Comment

i like the spectrum style text in the game

reminds for the the sinclair research 1982 logo :-)

Comment

Official announcement and Minter's trademark lengthy explanation of influences and game-mechanics now here: http://minotaurproject.co.uk/blog/

Comment

Working...
                        X