Tokyo Game Show 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Game Show 2011

The show starts tomorrow so we'll probably wake up to a flood of news. May as well have a thread for general news and stuff that doesn't have its own thread.

Predictions:

-Vita vs 3DS: massive flood of games for both consoles. Most will have been announced at the Sony and Nintendo keynotes but there'll be a few suprises and lots of footage of existing announcements (looking forward to seeing KH: DDD)
    -New Tales of: Bamco have a countdown timer pointing towards TGS (in addition to one they had for Innocence R)
    -Shin Megami Tensei 5: Third year in a row I've been hoping for this, at least Atlus have stated it's well into the production phase now.
    -No Wii U: given the general silence about the console, can't see Nintendo allowing it to be shown off outside of one of their own events.

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    -No Wii U: given the general silence about the console, can't see Nintendo allowing it to be shown off outside of one of their own events.
    They want to push the 3DS with all they have, diverting attention from their handheld with a new console could prove fatal.

Personal expectations: Etrian Odyssey 3DS from Atlus, though they'll might want to push the two latest School of Heroes games before it. Marvellous with some crazy PR stunts for Senran Kagura.

Wishes: Etrian Odyssey WiiU. A new Advance Wars, being it on the 3DS or the WiiU.

Comment

They've said the latest Class of heroes for the 3DS will be the last in the series I believe.

Marvelous have some mystery RPGs to show off, would love for them to do a new Luminous Arc in full 3D. It's a shame the localisations stopped at 2. From what I understand 3 was a pretty drastic improvement (whereas 2 was a retread of the first one with some interface improvements and the heal XP exploits removed).

Comment

Yeah, Class of Heroes...there's an other game coming for the PSP, aptly named "Class of Heroes Final: the Freshman is a Princess", I don't know if it's the same game announced for the 3DS or a completely new game(*) altogether.

I've never complete LA2, found it excessively boring and slow-paced. I heard the LA3 had more emphasis on the relationship elements, probably there was more text to be translated and sales expectation weren't high enough for Atlus to justify the task.

(*) as in "new Wizardry carbon copy with anime portraits".

[edit] Class of Heroes 3D is already out in Japan. Guess it went under the radar there too.
        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 14-09-2011, 14:43.

Comment

I should check out class of heroes but I object to $39.99 for a download.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            I should check out class of heroes but I object to $39.99 for a download.
            Wizardry: the Labyrinth of the Lost Souls is more interesting, though far from being a good dungeon crawler. My views on that game changed drastically, while I was never able to get into Class of Heroes.

Comment

I'll be going on Sunday. Been a few times, first time back in 2003. Have to say since then it hasn't been as big and good as that first time.
              I'll try and get some close up pics of some serious hardware! As well as Vita, games etc

Comment

And don't forget the booth babes and cosplayers!

Comment

Doubt we'll see much in the way of 360 and PS3 stuff, although I know that many western publishers go to Tokyo game show to show their games to the western media that will be there with no real intention of even caring how it might go down with the Japanese public...

Comment

High chance of an RE6 unveiling. Will be interesting to see if they keep to their promise of a reboot that returns the series to a horror.

The PS3 is starting to pick up in Japan so I imagine there'll be more titles greenlit for it.

Comment

I predict massive Dark Souls spoiler vids on youtube. Would also be nice to see more JRPG's.

A new old school Castlevania for Live/PSN, Vita/3DS would be nice as well

Comment

Two new coloured PS3 consoles announced 'Splash blue' and 'Scarlet Red', both have 320gb HDD and are released November 17th in Japan.

Comment

Neku confirmed for KH: DDD!

*explodes with joy*

Comment

The King, Demon King, and the Seven Princesses: New King Story, the spiritual successor to Little King's Story. In fact, it could be considered a remake, or like people like to say these days, a reboot. I was hoping for something a bit more different, a lot of locales and citizens are the same of LKS, only with proper proportions. Hype lowered.

Comment

Tales of Innocence R, looks like the character models have been redone and the battle system is much more fluid. Doesn't seem to be a huge improvement in the envoironments though.

Comment

Working...
                              X