Want to use PSN? Then you can't sue us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to use PSN? Then you can't sue us

Erm... Sony...? I see you are really taking your customers' views to heart and making them love you more...

Sony prepares to ban gamers from the PlayStation Network (PSN) unless they waive the right to collectively sue it
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Can't blame them. The culture of suing anyone for any reason what so bloody ever is pathetic.

Comment

That clause simply isn't enforceable in the UK, no need to worry.

Comment

Hopefully we are all too British to consider suing anyway. I fell of my motorbike on ice at Christmas. I kept on getting calls from insurance company affiliates asking me if I wanted to sue. "Yes please, I'd like to sue the weather for being cold and me for being daft enough to ride and also you lot for being the cause of countless insurance premium hikes"

Comment

It's only to waive class action lawsuits so it doesn't apply to individual cases anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Hopefully we are all too British to consider suing anyway. I fell of my motorbike on ice at Christmas. I kept on getting calls from insurance company affiliates asking me if I wanted to sue. "Yes please, I'd like to sue the weather for being cold and me for being daft enough to ride and also you lot for being the cause of countless insurance premium hikes"
            I'm going to sue the cold on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              I'm going to sue the cold on your behalf.
              dont know if he will warm to that idea

Comment

Not suprising......i hope many have sued them mind.

When my psn account got hacked and loads of ??? spent on EA stuff, they didnt want to know...and when my bank returned the money, they put minus charge on my psn account effectively banning it. It only had about 40-50 games on it too.

Then one week later i hear that ALL details were compromised on psn. How ironic when one week prior they were telling me i must have given my details to someone else, and that it was impossible for the problem to have been their end.

Can only wish sony bad things really.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Can't blame them. The culture of suing anyone for any reason what so bloody ever is pathetic.
                  I blame america for this culture,its just pure greed.

I hear you Charles, my insurance has went up every year for the last 3 and Ive not had a claim. Compo claims should be banned ..

Comment

"Yes please, I'd like to sue the weather for being cold and me for being daft enough to ride
                    Suing yourself, what a brilliant idea! There's gotta be a way to make money somewhere there!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      dont know if he will warm to that idea
                      I'm also suing you for that joke

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post

When my psn account got hacked and loads of ??? spent on EA stuff, they didnt want to know...and when my bank returned the money, they put minus charge on my psn account effectively banning it. It only had about 40-50 games on it too.

Then one week later i hear that ALL details were compromised on psn. How ironic when one week prior they were telling me i must have given my details to someone else, and that it was impossible for the problem to have been their end.

Did they unban your account? Ouch, that sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post

It's incredibly unlikely that your details were obtained via the hack.

The passwords were stored as a hash and, given there hasn't been any "5000 PSN users have 'god' as their password" style stories, it seems they were properly salted too. They could theoretically brute force your password but it would take days-100's of years depending on how long it is.

What's more likely is that a website/forum with unhashed (or unsalted) passwords got hacked and they tried out the passwords they got through those on Paypal, PSN, XBL, WoW etc.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            It's incredibly unlikely that your details were obtained via the hack.

The passwords were stored as a hash and, given there hasn't been any "5000 PSN users have 'god' as their password" style stories, it seems they were properly salted too. They could theoretically brute force your password but it would take days-100's of years depending on how long it is.

What's more likely is that a website/forum with unhashed (or unsalted) passwords got hacked and they tried out the passwords they got through those on Paypal, PSN, XBL, WoW etc.
                            Either way there are two things that really bothered me...

1, They were absolutely sure that there system was unhackable.....it obviously wasnt.

2, They didnt give a damn about my account being hacked, and there attitude was that "as long as we get our money even if it is via fruad"...the guy was even quick to point out that "also you cannot have your bank reverse the fraudulant payments as we will ban your account".

I just thought **** you sony i'll sell the ps3 and spend all my future money on xbox/xbla. Kind of cutting my nose of to spite my face, but i couldnt ignore the principle.

As a customer who had spend so much on PSN i thought they would be more understanding, or even willing to please a great customer.

Anyway....

Comment

Working...
                            X