Smackdown 5 : HCTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smackdown 5 : HCTP

Well after a lacklustre Raw 2 and a decent WMXIX I was trying to keep my hopes down for Here Comes The Pain.
    However, after reading IGN's and Gamespot's reviews I am hyped, it scored a 9.1 with IGN and 9.0 with Gamespot. Normally I reserve judgement (especially with those two sites) but I really want to believe it is this good.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

I shall probabily get it for multiplayer mainly seeing as WM19 was appaling in that department with its 'reverse everything' gameplay and those STUPID collisions.

Comment

I'm getting it as well, I've put of getting a mate friendly wrestler for this generation of consoles (the usual N64 suspects have done the job till now), but I want the latest line up.

Hopefully this will be a great alternative to Fire Pro, which is to SNES like and to complicated for my mates.

Comment

Mart? claims this to be the mutts nuts and with the Gamespot score being as high as it is (they are normally harsh with wrestling games), it should be rather decent indeed.

My US version is pre-ordered. Dunno when the PAL version's out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
          My US version is pre-ordered. Dunno when the PAL version's out.
          Nov 7th apparently

Comment

I only get a fortnights worth of gloating then... Not bad going there from THQ.

Comment

I only get a fortnights worth of gloating then... Not bad going there from THQ.
              Actually by THQ's previous SmackDown standards it's an enternity.

PAL Just Bring It only launched about 3 days after the US, whilst Shut Your Mouth actually came out in PAL land (we got it on a Friday, it launched in the US the following Monday).

I would have had US version pre-ordered but I'm broke at the moment. Seeing it on shop shelves however, may make me break into my wallet.

Comment

Well, its been out for a few weeks now and I have to say I like it. The story mode is well done and Im about to start my second season, I read theres a lot of storylines available which is motivating me to pick it up again (as Old School Taker ).

Gameplay is vastly improved over previous titles, the new grappling system works very well imo and I like the location specific damage. Also the submission bars are a nice addition as you have more control over what you're doing.

Blood is welcome too, not implemented that well but it'll do until the next one.

Anyone else got it? Thoughts?

Comment

I have it.

I've been reviewing it.

You shall see shortly.

Comment

fantastic cant wait to hear it

Comment

I've had it since Friday, and I am enjoying it - I'm about half way through the season with Brock, even got my own faction. even if it does include Sable

Not too keen on the blocking, still seems a bit random for my liking, I would have prefered a block, dodge, evade combo, prehaps its just me being crap.

Some of the wrestlers seem a little unbalanced, ok you shouldn't try to go toe to toe with the undertaker as you are going to get smacked, but the Taker & Angle do seem much tougher than say Edge or Big Show.

Also I don't like the fact that you cannot interupt a finisher or other set piece animation, for example, you can't stop the last ride or an Angle Lock for your tag partner.

The range of stories and the level of control that you get over the stories is impressive, even if it does occasionly ignores the results of matches in the following cut scenes.

Wrestler likeness and entrance cut scenes are very good, with the exception of Eddie G's low rider which is missing, plus los gerios (sp) don't seem to enter in at the same time, yet other tag teams do?

Comment

I have it.

I've been reviewing it.

You shall see shortly.
                        I thought ntsc-uk hated wrestling and everything to do with it

Comment

How long till the review burai?

Comment

For those who havent played it, its pretty much exactly what you would expect.

Season mode is improved, elimination chamber is a good laugh, people bleed and create a wrestler lets you create anyone with ease.

Don't get too excited about unlocking the classic wrestlers though. They dont have their enterances/music and the classic wrestlers that are in the game are poor choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dragz
                              Don't get too excited about unlocking the classic wrestlers though. They dont have their enterances/music and the classic wrestlers that are in the game are poor choices.
                              Not sure I agree with that - having the Legion Of Doom, old-school Undertaker and Ted DiBiase is great (although the others are a bit crap... particularly the ones you don't have to unlock). What I will say though is that they're rather expensive; it takes an entire season (well, almost) just to earn enough cash to unlock two of them. Bah. And the fact that the proper music isn't there is laughably bad - this is the WWE, so surely it owns the rights? Couldn't something have been done about this?

Still loving this though, even after all this time. No-one can beat my Randy Orton... in the game, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X