No announcement yet.

GCD: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyst finds woes in CoD's sales downturn. It's an awkward one to judge. Few survive console gen transitions staying on top so CoD's fall is expected but then it's been pretty widespread this year amongst all series bar GTA. They'll ride next year out due to bigger next-gen userbases but after that Activision really, really need to invest heavily in the series to keep on top as the current standard isn't enough

Comment

The franchise may have run its course to a certain extent. Releasing yearly editions can be profitable in the short term but give audiences fatigue in the slightly longer term.

Comment

Fun little bit of summarisation, these figures are off wiki so not spot on exact and also on average 2 weeks old but they give a snapshot of the new console generation race:

01 - Nintendo WiiU - 4.3 m units
        02 - Playstation 4 - 2.1m units
        03 - Xbox One - 2.0m units

Comment

According to VGchartz:

01 - Wii U - 4.5m
          02 - PS4 - 2.4m
          03 - XB1 1.8m

Sony figures claimed 3M PS4s in homes or on backorder with retailers but as consoles are still in stock in both regions looks like that was assuming 100% completion on preorders.

Comment

Those figures make more sense. When both companies started shouting about their sales it didn't make sense that the figures were so close given we knew PS4 had outsold XBO in the US and UK plus launched in numerous more territories. Going off that it could be as soon as end of March or before when the WiiU drops into third.

Comment

I expect the Japanese PS4 launch will put PS4 ahead but I think Mario Kart 8 (and DK: Tropical Freeze to a lesser extent, and only in the US) will negate much of Titanfall's impact. I don't think Wii U will drop to third before E3 (June?)

Comment

As much as there's noise about it and I'll want it myself, I'm kind of expecting Titanfall to not make too big a splash. It's an EA game so its online will likely be borked and I don't get the mass appeal vibe off it. Kind of similar at the mo' with Destiny too. Lots of chatter, but not expecting epic sales figures.

Comment

Ever fun guessing game, Micheal Pachter has guessed worldwide sales for the big 3 consoles by 2017 will be:

-Playstation 4: 37.7 million
                  -Xbox One: 29.0 million
                  -Wii U: 20 million or under

Comment

In Japan Nintendo won Xmas:

Software:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS, Nintendo) - 225.418 / New
                    PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS, GungHo Online) - 198.968 / 1.005.697
                    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, Square Enix) - 182.638 / New
                    Pokemon X & Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 156.483 / 3.976.829
                    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack (Vita, Square Enix) - 134.645 / New
                    Wii Party U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 87.262 / 518.766
                    New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U, Nintendo) 75.131 / 965.794
                    Super Mario 3D World (Wii U, Nintendo) - 71.159 / 410.041
                    Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 40.338 / 3.293.312
                    Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 37.300 / 4.017.159

Hardware

3DS - 208.893 (245.046)
                    Wii U - 79.174 (119.159)
                    Vita - 75.207 (49.366)
                    PS3 - 27.020 (23.493)
                    PSP - 9.451 (7.697)
                    Wii - 2.719 (2.444)
                    Xbox 360 - 770 (607)
                    Total - 403.234 (447.812)

Comment

Sony announced that its cumulative sales of the PS4 surpassed 4.2 million as of 28th December.Comparatively, the Xbox O…

And now the latest figures are in. Current sales in the new race stand at:

-Nintendo WiiU: 4.3 million
                      -Playstation 4: 4.2 million
                      -Xbox One: 3.0 million

WiiU needs an update though

Comment

I shall be adding myself to the Wii U and PS4 figures come Spring.

Comment

The UK figures are in an despite launching a week later PS4 sold 530,000 units compared to XBO's 364,000

Comment

David Cage's latest storytelling experiment, Beyond: Two Souls, sold over one million copies worldwide just prior to Ch…

Around Xmas time Beyond reached the 1m units sales mark

Comment

It wasn't long ago that GAME, the UK's biggest video game shop chain, nearly collapsed. But those nightmares seem a dis…

A different kind of sales story, after almost dying GAME are prepping to enter the stock market after a christmas which saw sales up a whopping 83% and digital sales up 213%

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-stock-market

A different kind of sales story, after almost dying GAME are prepping to enter the stock market after a christmas which saw sales up a whopping 83% and digital sales up 213%
                                Ah that will be what making insane rip off bundles do to your profits

Comment

Working...
                                X