3 5 The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    4 2 Battlefield 3 PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    5 3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DS, PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360
    6 6 Zumba Fitness Wii, PS3, Xbox 360
    7 12 Zumba Fitness 2 Wii
    8 9 Rage PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    9 10 Assassin's Creed: Revelations PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    10 7 Need for Speed: The Run PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360

Current top 10 for the UK, full of the usual fitness/dance drivel.
    FIFA 12 holds onto first place in the UK top 40 chart for a fourth week running, following another quiet seven days in …

COD falls behind Battlefield, no doubt due to the big price difference now found

Comment

New Year, new body - everyone will buy fitness games for a few weeks.

Comment

According to VGChartz diagram global sales stand at:

Wii - 94.5 million
        Xbox 360 - 64.0 million
        Playstation 3 - 60.8 million
        3DS - 15.1 million
        PS Vita - 0.5 million

360 pulls back into second after the Xmas sales period and with 6 weeks to go till the 3DS's first anniversary, 15 million is pretty damn good

Comment

MS's own figures released at CES peg themselves at 66 million.

Comment

I was about to say it's amazing how Sony have caught up with Microsoft when they launched a year later and had such a rough first couple of years, but I was forgetting Japan.

That graph makes me wonder how much more of a monster Wii could've been if Nintendo had kept momentum going and supported the system better. Could've been truly ridiculous numbers by now.

Comment

That is a staggering amount of machines sold across a generation.

Comment

MS's figures cited 'users' which has been taken to include family estimates and shipments. MS do seem to do very well over Xmas though, it's more during the Easter-Winter period that Sony catches up. Kick in the nuts to claims smartphones/tablets are eroding the market

Comment

I am honestly not trolling here but seriously, how many of those 64/66 million 360s are still alive and kicking? i.e. How many actual 360 owners are there out there? Less than half that I reckon. To a slightly lesser extent the PS3 figures have the same issue; that first batch of PS3s failed pretty quick. Almost all my mates with original 60gb units have replaced them due to failure, myself included.

Comment

That's actually a good point FSW, I didn't think of that at the time. I have had two units and I only play one game!

Comment

I've bought three X360 machines in total.

One Wii (then one US pre-owned, thx TTK).

I wonder what the failure rates are for all three consoles, even considering deliberate damage?

Comment

I wish there was a proper way to find out. Like the big 3 had to tell of known number of returned units.

@dave - deliberate damage? Is that a big problem do you think!?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          @dave - deliberate damage? Is that a big problem do you think!?
                          Yep. It determines the requirement of a replacement, affecting those numbers.

My friend smashed his up in a drunken rage. He bought a new one the week after.

Comment

But surely cases such as that must be rare? lol!

Comment

I have had 4 360's and 3 ps3's.

Interestingly for the first few years I didn't need to replace my 360 at all. Yet these days they seem to break every 6 month. You would think they would get better, not worse.

PS3 is the opposite, haven't needed a new one since the disk drive on my second 60gb died. Should maybe get that fixed actually, was nice to have something that played PS2 games on a HDTV in decent fashion.

Never had to replace the wii, though it could be argued that it's never been used enough to actually break so that probably doesn't mean anything.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 18-01-2012, 11:03.

Comment

I'm on my 4th 360, don't know anyone who hasn't replaced at least once. I'd say if you include replacements Xbox would slip to a comfortable 3rd with ease. On my 2nd PS3 but the Slims seem to hold up fine. Wii is my original but then Nintendo hardware always lasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X