Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, will you still be buying LE Shozuki!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      - we absolutely don't need games.
      Tell that to the vast amount of people addicted to them....

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        I would have though that us old guard gamers are the one that buy games at their launch and also tend the ones to hold on to the games ? so I doubt that we're really be affected that much;
        Yeah, good luck with that... those games you were forced to pay full price for will probably be useless at some stage due to DRM. With XBOX One, you can't hold on to anything. Once they stop supporting the XBone, you'll be left with nothing but coasters my friend...not to mention a useless console. I want NO part of that. I can't see how ANYONE would.

Comment

This is certainly one of the worst console reveals ever, probably equal to that of the WiiU (remember how none of us even knew it was a new console afterwards?). The lack of games wasn't the issue, it was the lack of answers. There remains such confusion over key points - points that were rumoured and discussed to death months leading up to the reveal - that MS should have come out with a simple and single line to explain how the console's online presence really works. Until then, I remain optimistic that the console isn't the 'end of gaming as we know it' like the conclusion some people have jumped to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Shoz, how did the ?800 re6 jacket fit? Bet you look like a right 'ard lad in it ;-)

Comment

As happened with music, as is happening with ebooks people will not accept being shafted up the arse when it comes to content they've paid a lot of money fo
              Well its because lots of people don't 'pay' for their music that corps are making moves like this and also why people pay way over the odds to see their band/group/singer live in concert .

No one in their right mind wants to be dictated that they can't play their paid for content when and where they like
              Where is MS stoping you playing your console in your home or any other house you choose to take that console? and I'm sure with LIVE tag any game you buy should be able to play on a different system as you as your log in to that console .

You're just after a nice BIG moan to me . If you don't like it , don't buy it and don't waste your time posting in a X-Box one thread that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                Yeah, good luck with that... those games you were forced to pay full price for will probably be useless at some stage due to DRM. With XBOX One, you can't hold on to anything. Once they stop supporting the XBone, you'll be left with nothing but coasters my friend...not to mention a useless console. I want NO part of that. I can't see how ANYONE would.
                Lets get one thing clear right now, Nobody forces me to buy anything when it comes to games or consoles . I just buy the games and consoles I like and that's it

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Absolutely, if the games cool and comes with some cool swag - why not eh?

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Shoz, how did the ?800 re6 jacket fit? Bet you look like a right 'ard lad in it ;-)
                  mate, at the best of times I never look 'ard lol But will post a pic or 2 of me in it! Haha!

Comment

Yeah what ever.
                    Talk to the hand, girlfriend! Mmm mmm ...

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                      Teddymeow just sent me ghost recon and kz3 for free. I've made out a cheque for ?70 to Microsoft but im not sure where to post it to.
                      Thanks to the used games market, those games are worthless....

Comment

As they should be, they are old. With the pre owned market they generally do so slowly over a period of 6-18 months which is a good thing.

Comment

Well its because lots of people don't 'pay' for their music that corps are making moves like this and also why people pay way over the odds to see their band/group/singer live in concert .
                          Piracy is always wheeled out as a justification for these kinds of things. The reality is games publishers think they are a special case & their media deserves to be paid for every single time it changes hands, the used market is huge & they are greedy & want all that extra money too. It's all to do with greed & nothing more, books dvds & music dont have this crap attached. Where you have to have some form of license transfer/fee to use something you picked up cheaply second hand.

When someone buys that game new the makers have already been paid for their product simple as, end of story. If the buyer then sells the game on then they keep whatever as it was them who originally bought the game with their money, why should the publisher be paid again. They have already been paid once when it was new & this is the problem it's all about ownership. With physical products the makers can do jack **** if i sell it on, they have been paid for the product. What i decide to do with it is my buisness from there on in.

Will be an interesting test when the general public finally realise you can't just go into a shop & pick up a used game, consoles are aimed at kids & kids don't have huge amounts of cash to buy new everytime. Go into any games shop on a weekend & it will be filled with kids/teen looking in the used section for a new game.

Either way i wont be participating in jumping through DRM hoops to continue with next gen. This is the first time ever i have been totally MEH about new consoles, i already have enough to keep me going for many many years. In the meantime i can entertain myself with my many other hobbies as gaming is only a fraction of how i spend my time nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            As they should be, they are old.
                            And there is your problem!

Comment

So old means crap? More nonsense talk from the think tank at Boris towers. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is old and still one of the best games ever. Tell me that a release XBone game would even get near the quality of that game Boris.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                mate, at the best of times I never look 'ard lol But will post a pic or 2 of me in it! Haha!
                                You'll be needing some sort of tea towel to represent Leons floppy hair and a Guncon or NES Zapper. I want serious poses in the same vein as the early Resi cover art and promo shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X