Microsoft Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Flight

Some months ago Microsoft made clear that they would resurrect Flight Simulator and now few details on Flight, as the new game will be called, have emerged.

It will be a free-to-play game with extra free content given to those brave enough to venture into Games for Windows Live territory.

Graphics don't look particularly hot (but I've been spoiled by DCS A-10C) and it's evident that MS are going for a non-simulation feeling, starting from the control scheme.
    On the bright side specs are very low and MicroSoft don't want to cut out XP users.

Trailers released so far feature preminently a RV6A, a P-51 Mustang, a Mode 75 Kaydet and a ICON A5, with glimpses of other aircrafts; no jets right now, only propellers.

I'm not the biggest fan of civilian flight simulators, but looks like this genre will continue to exist thanks to dedicated fan efforts.

Today Microsoft announced that development on the game has been halted and the studio responsible closed. No word on how long Flight will be supported, but I guess if someone really likes civilian aviation, Flight Simulator X is still going strong despite its age.

Comment

Have you not tried Aeroflys FS, biareos? read a review for that in PC Gamer and it scored really well - plus it's the only flight-sim where you'll actually get a framerate above 30fps.

Comment

No, my flight time as decreased sharply since DCS A-10C went out of beta. Registered 200 flight hours in the beta but barely 5 in the final game.
        I still have to give Falcon 4.0 BSM a spin and I really want to try Jet Thunder...I'm more for military flight sims than civilian.
        I also have SOL: Exodus sitting on my desktop beggining to be played; right now anything requiring me to set up HOTAS, pedals and MFDs is a no-go.

Comment

Well thats turd news, i have Flight and the majority of the DLC, was quite accessible to me as a flight sim novice.

Comment

Working...
          X