Boku wa koukuukanseikan Airport Hero 3D Haneda JAL Edition [3DS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boku wa koukuukanseikan Airport Hero 3D Haneda JAL Edition [3DS]

Love these games. Air traffic controller sim now souped up for the 3DS and out March 22nd in the Big J.Pics and stuff when they release some.Charles, please don't post that same pic again...
    Last edited by kryss; 13-01-2012, 08:23. Reason: My reading skills fail me.

Interesting, have it on the PSP. It would need to have more features other than 3D (as we don't bother using it) to sell it to us though.

Comment

Ah fail, it's Haneda not Narita. My mistake.

Which one do you have on the PSP? There are 5 with Narita being the most basic. The general idea is the same for the rest of them of course. The DS game was nowhere near as good sadly.

Comment

Narita, can't finish it though but as mentioned if it's just more of the same without any new features etc I'd give it a miss.

Using real life airlines would be a start.

Comment

I'm thinking that's what they're doing with this one.

Comment

Bump

Picked up a couple of these at the weekend - Naha and Kansai on the PSP.

They really are excellent. If you have played the DS game, then these should be easy to understand. At long last there are multiple taxiing routes to choose from, so you don't have the same risk of pile-ups on the ground.

The choice of camera angles really is great. It's fantastic to watch from just behind a plane as it comes in to land, or alongside as it disappears into the clouds after taking off. My only surprise so far is that it seems to take for ages for a plane to land. I've only done a couple of stages, but there doesn't seem to be much to the landing - none of the speed up / speed down that you had with the DS.

Here are some kanji that you will need to play the game.

待 - wait
            離陸 - take off
            着陸 - land
            許可 - allow, permission

They should get anyone who wants to play this going. Going to hunt for the others now, although I might not bother with the Narita one, if, as Kryss said, it is very basic. But the airports do look much more complex than the DS game.

Has anyone played the 3DS ones? There are at least 2 - Narita with JAL and Haneda with ANA, or the other way round, and I think there's a Honolulu one too.

Comment

There are 5 now for 3D - Haneda with JAL, Honolulu, Narita with ANA, Naha Premium, and ShinChitose with JAL. They're all modelled on the PSP game but with extras, some unlockable via QR codes on their websites.

Landings depend on the runways you chose to assign the planes to, some planes can only land on the larger runways, whereas some can come in from either direction, so mind you queue them properly. Also watch out for wind shear as a strong cross wind makes some approaches impossible.

The DS one is the worst of them all btw, I gave up on that one quickly.

Comment

The DS one does at least have five different airports, although it is the most simplistic one.

One thing I have noticed playing the Kansai one is that every so often a plane will appear in my departures box. But it's in the air, not on the ground! I don't seem to be able to give it any commands, it just appears then clears off after stacking for a bit. Maybe it has had to come into my airspace unexpectedly. I always have too many other planes to worry about to examine it closely.

Have you seen this?

I watched the replay of one of my sessions last night. That really is gaming at its most relaxing.

Comment

I now have the Narita and Shin Chitose ones as well. Narita looks tiny - like a provincial airport, not one of the major ones.

I think my favourite is Naha so far, for the location, although I do like Chitose as well.

Once I've cleared a few stages, I'll go for Haneda too.

Comment

This game on the 3DS ぼくは航空管制官 エアポートヒーロー3D 関空 ALL STARS has a level editor, as well as different airports. I haven't finished many stages yet, so I haven't unlocked things I can edit yet, but if it turns out to be good, it will be exactly what I wanted from this series.

Comment

A bit more information about the editor - from what I've played so far, you don't have complete control over the level.

There are different kinds of cards to unlock, including weather, time and company cards, which you unlock by spending coins in the gacha machine. I'm not sure what the company / scenario cards do yet, as I haven't used them and won't until I unlock more options.

Ludicrously, it seems that once you use a card, it's used up, and doesn't stay in your collection. I made an experimental stage combining a weather card and a time card - foggy weather for an afternoon shift. But when I deleted it, I found to my horror that those cards are no longer available to select. I assume I will have to unlock them again. Hence I won't be using any more until I have a load of options to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                      X