Secret Criterion Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Criterion Game

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Criterion has teased at an upcoming reveal of its next big racer, long rumoured to be an open world title. Bets lean towards Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 but I won't be alone in hoping they don't disappoint regarding Burnout VI for a second time.

if its a burnout, no open world cobblers please

Comment

If it's Burnout I'd be fine with open world, by the time Big Surf Island arrived they were on the verge of pure genius. Flesh out the bikes too and it could be pure WIN.

Comment

Give me some billboards to smash and some crazy jumps to find in a new open world please, Burnout Paradise was awesome no denying it. Can never understand why people didn't like it, was still OTT burnout, still had checkpoint racing in it just alongside that it had shedloads to do. Literally pumped about 150hours into it and the free updates were a thing of beauty, bring it on.
        That's if its burnout

Comment

Need for speed vs burnout why not?

Comment

Burnout Paradise 2 and I can stop buying games for 9 months! (and buy some new masks to wear on the webcam )

Comment

Paradise sucked because of the open world. Don't get me wrong it was very well executed but I want to be racing with people not along a completely different route.
              Would love a new one though.

Comment

Whereas I thought Paradise was the best one in the series, and its online party mode was some of the most fun I've had on Live.

Comment

No denying it was an excellent product, I just hated the open world racing.

Comment

I loved Burnout Paradise but my obsession with it only truly started just over 12 months after buying it on the day of release and they implemented the update that allowed me to "Press Start>Restart" without trekking all the way back across the City to get to the starting line again in a race.

Comment

Burnout please !!!

Comment

I don't see what all the fuss with the open road racing in Burnout paradise was all about, half the races were down predetermined tracks through preset routes, complete with the big green arrow forcefields of the previous games which were there to funnel you in the right direction.

And even the ones that weren't like that, the map was so brilliantly designed you'd be flying across rooftops, through ramps, across sports fields and across busy junctions just like you did in previous games.

Burnout Paradise was brilliant, my only criticism is that the crash mode was pish in B:P.

Road Rash maybe? They had an experiment with Bikes in Burnout

Comment

Paradise was brilliant. Loved it. There are hundreds of course / non open world racers out there for people to enjoy. I'm hoping it stays open world, though I've enjoyed all the Burnout titles. Billboard hunting was great fun

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            I don't see what all the fuss with the open road racing in Burnout paradise was all about, half the races were down predetermined tracks through preset routes, complete with the big green arrow forcefields of the previous games which were there to funnel you in the right direction.
                            There wasn't big green arrow walls in Burnout Paradise, you could take any route you wanted and there would be an indicator thing flashing to tell you the ideal route to take to the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                              There wasn't big green arrow walls in Burnout Paradise, you could take any route you wanted and there would be an indicator thing flashing to tell you the ideal route to take to the finish.
                              And if you went the wrong way you had to drive back to the start in order to try again (for the first 53 weeks after release).... I enjoyed the bill board & stunt hunting but my overall time with the game in 2008 was a fraction of what it was in '09 & '10 after the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X