The Death of Microsoft Points #Rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    But it absolutely would not. You can either buy a "money" card instead of a points card and end up with as much leftover money as you'd have had leftover points, or you can pay the exact amount. Paying the exact amount means you have to put a credit card on your account, and I'm pretty sure none of us are stupid enough to do that right now.

You're in exactly the same boat as you were in before.
    Well, not quite...

I mean if you buy an 800 point game, and have to buy 1400 points for it, you've got some left over.

By the time they raise the cost of the game, and you buy your 15 quid card, you'll have nothing left under the new scheme

This is a terrible idea, and will do nothing but cost the gamer more money.

Also, what happens to people like me who have a stash of points (some on my account, some unused cards) as I tend to buy them when they appear on a decent offer.
    Crap exchange rate coming up, or dual pricing scheme.. confusion ahoy!

Chris

Comment

If games were priced according to the PSN vouchers things would be better. Often games will be 1100 yen, so you have to buy either two 1000 yen cards or a 3000 yen card.

I also noticed that Dark Alliance is ?5.10 on the UK PSN. What is the point in the extra .10p? It'll surely means lots of missed sales. I'd have bought it being that I have exactly ?5 on my UK account. Seeing as you can only add in increments of ?5, that'd mean I'd have another useless ?4.90 sitting there. Didn't happen.

It's like in GT5 where you get a trophy for spending your entire cash reserve.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        If games were priced according to the PSN vouchers things would be better. Often games will be 1100 yen, so you have to buy either two 1000 yen cards or a 3000 yen card.

I also noticed that Dark Alliance is ?5.10 on the UK PSN. What is the point in the extra .10p? It'll surely means lots of missed sales. I'd have bought it being that I have exactly ?5 on my UK account. Seeing as you can only add in increments of ?5, that'd mean I'd have another useless ?4.90 sitting there. Didn't happen.

It's like in GT5 where you get a trophy for spending your entire cash reserve.
        No, on PSN if you add over ?5 then you can pay the exact ammount for the game, its just that ?5 is the minimum you have to add/spend.

Im pretty sure if you have ?5 in your account then you can buy the game and they will just take the extra 10p from your bank.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 24-01-2012, 12:49.

Comment

You mean I can add the extra funds with my credit card right? At not one point in my previous post did I say anything about credit cards, only vouchers.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            You mean I can add the extra funds with my credit card right? At not one point in my previous post did I say anything about credit cards, only vouchers.
            Oh right, sorry, didnt realise you wernt using a card.

Comment

Yer, that's what I meant. The pricing should be brought into line with the payment method IMO.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Eurogamer follow up claims an inside source says it's true and worst of all profit driven GASP!
                Xbox 360 gamers will still be able to use redeemable codes to buy DLC and other products after Microsoft phases out Mic…

Comment

Working...
                X