No announcement yet.

SNK Neo-Geo X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing needs to be no more than ?100, and it needs to be able to play ALL Neo-Geo games, including the "Giga-Power" titles (Last Blade 2, SVC Chaos, Rage of the Dragons, etc.).

If it does, I will probably purchase one.

Comment

Nooooooooone is going to pay anywhere near ?100 for the thing , well maybe 2 or 3 members on here . It needs to be < ?50 and still its such a niche item its not going to sell by the bucket load really

Comment

I'm not buying anything under 50 quid. The screen would be ****e and the whole thing would probably last about a week.

Comment

The price point for similar devices is around the ?100 - 120 mark. So I reckon it'll initially retail for ?119.99, maybe a tenner more 'cos it's shiny and has the Neo•Geo logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            Nooooooooone is going to pay anywhere near ?100 for the thing , well maybe 2 or 3 members on here . It needs to be < ?50 and still its such a niche item its not going to sell by the bucket load really
            I agree, but unfortunately, I see Blaze trying to sell it for a lot more - they'll (try to) exploit the obvious 'core gamer/retro/collector prestige that comes with the Neo-Geo brand.

Sadly, I could see myself being tempted - my DS Lite Flashcard recently kicked the digital bucket, so no more NeoDS Emulator for me at present.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-05-2012, 23:39.

Comment

It will be a cheap Chinese mp4 player like dingoo, probably with poor controls and most likely emulation code that is in use on other similar devices. Neo Geo is reasonable to emulate, so assuming the device ha enough memory it will be ok. Personally despite having the psp Neo collection and mslug anthology, I still have purchased several Neo games on vita. I would rather have had a umd pass for these games, rather than the homebrew psp emulator, but purchasing games for a third or forth time is really starting to grind. I don't even think the law allows playing your psp ISO on vita, so again this device reminds
              me that retro games need some kind of universal DRM, so as devices evolve you can still dip back into a retro game without need to repurchase....,

Comment

The SNK Neo-Geo X Gold has finally been confirmed for a worldwide December 9th release.

For $200 (?128), you will get:-

- NEOGEO X GOLD handheld with 4.3" LCD screen, a headphone jack, "expandable game card slot" and 20 pre-installed games (see link)

- Replica AES Console (which is actually a docking station/HDMI or A/V video out for the handheld)

- Replica AES Joystick (can be used with the replica Console/docking station)

As long as $200 isn't turned into ?200, I'm probably going to purchase one of these.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-08-2012, 07:29.

Comment

That's my Xmas present sorted

Comment

Official Press Release: http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/im.../newneogeo.htm

Comment

Looks great. Logos are sorted (remember the earlier pics?).

It wouldn't be a Neo-Geo without the heftier price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        The joystick is usable?? My reading of that press release suggests it is??

Comment

That's what it says. So this is now basically an AES with HDMI out. Day one.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                            The joystick is usable?? My reading of that press release suggests it is??
                            It would appear so, yes. With the replica console/docking station, of course.

Comment

Wowzers, how bizarre, pretty rad.

Comment

As far as I can tell, yep Plug it in and couple it with the base unit to the TV and it's effectively the console. It's unashamed fan service and I love it, though the main issue is software. If it's as poorly supported as Blaze's other handhelds it's appeal does get hurt. Then again, they say it's getting a limited run so best not to go into buying it expecting official releases for the back catalog.

Comment

Working...
                                X