No announcement yet.

Spare consoles for the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk about storing console for the future has got me paranoid making me think that I shoud be out buying for the future

Comment

At some point I'm going to hunt down a couple of brand new DCs, 'cos its my fave console and I've got a fair few brilliant games on it. Xbox\PS2, no point imo, as the next gen will probably have backwards compatibility!

Comment

I think it is a very good idea to stock up on spare systems: I mean I have 2 SNES, 4 Saturns (1 JP and 3 PAL), two PSones (one PSone and one old 1002 PAL chipped PS), 2 DCs (US), two PS2s (1 US and the other PAL) and finally two GCs (one black and a brand new platinum, both US). I get them when there are no games I want and when the price seems right for me 8)

Luke.

Comment

I have 3 DC's. Two were new and one was second hand. Seeing as two were suffering from the intermittent re-boot problem it was just as well as I was able to complete Skies of Arcadia on it.

As for the Xbox I bought the limited edition Green one as a spare (I thought it looked better than the black one). I waited as I tried to decide whether to go for one though and nearly missed out.

PS2 I am not sure what to do as I have one of those new case tops on it with the disk door so I can play imports (genuine for me - the only sort I would buy).

GC. Now I am seriously tempted by the Mario bundle with the Bonus Disk to get a spare. Incidentally Amazon are doing that bundle for ?94.99 (with a black cube) which sounds a superb deal. Free postage and I ought to see one next week sometime if I order it. The rumours of a broadband and Mario pack (for the 8 player game) is distracting me though.

For my GBA I have a standard one (must fit that Afterburner) and an SP.

Comment

Working...
          X