No announcement yet.

Double Fine Adventure game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstarter is a false dawn, that much is true. But the split between 'Arthouse' (I cant think of a better term and it fits with the film industry) blockbuster Hollywood style is still happening. This is a process of that, there isn't much capacity at the moment for smaller budget games that publishers are willing to risk. Hopefully smaller niche publishers will fill the gaps, again thats happening already but the capacity isn't there yet. Also, PC is where the cheapest development is right? So that could also be where smaller niche games tend to gravitate. It also helps that Steam is so well established.

I just hope this project is a big success.

Comment

Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson is able to match Tim Schafer's $13 million Psychonauts 2 development budget va…

13 million dollars for developing Psychonauts 2?

"I can do that", says Notch.

Double Fine head Tim Schafer has continually stated he would like to develop a second Psychonauts game, but has been unable to secure publisher-funding to back the project.

"Let's make Psychonauts 2 happen," Notch tweeted to Schafer.

"Also, I'm serious."

Comment

Is that a reaonable budget for the game? I mean it's fine Notch offering to fund it but if it's likely to make a loss it'd be pretty bad of Double Fine to progress with it. Would that budget/marketing costs be likely to be recouped?

Comment

UPDATE: Double Fine will make the DRM-free version of its adventure game an "option to backers on release". ORIGINAL ST…

Confirmed as DRM free and will release (if all goes according to plan) on PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux

Comment

I am relying on those of you on the Kickstarter program to veto any ideas of paying Jack Black $1m to lend his voice to the project.

Comment

Just backed Tim and co. with 15 bucks which entitles for the download of the finished game.

Total backing over $1.9 million at the moment.

It said on the Kickstarter page that the estimated release date is October 2012.

Edit: Oh, and you can back the game easily through Amazon if you have an account there, so you don't have to enter credit card numbers and paying information etc.

So go buy/back the game now! There's nothing to lose and a better game to gain!
              Last edited by Guts; 17-02-2012, 21:40.

Comment

Microsoft has failed to heeded warnings that developers are abandoning its Xbox Live Arcade platform, so says Double Fi…

Schafer says he's disappointed his recent interview has been ignored by MS as he says devs are leaving XBL.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-xbla-decline

Schafer says he's disappointed his recent interview has been ignored by MS as he says devs are leaving XBL.
                  That has absolutely nothing to do with the DF Adventure game and the interview he is referring to wasn't from him. It was from another dev.
                  You need to read the original articles and not just re-hashed crap when it comes to anything that isn't marketing/announcement. By spreading Everything and not spending enough time the few bits like this that actually have a point you devalue the information you are spreading.
                  Either the XBLA thread or a new one in General (with the link to the IndustryGamers article, the original Ron Carmel article and a small via eurogamer link at the bottom) would be a good place for that information.

Comment

I'm posting from work so I don't have the time to trawl through every stories specifics, nor should I really, I'm not staff. Fair enough that I missed that the original listing of the story was from someone elses blog but I still don't think it's worth its own thread. If you do, post one. Either way, it's not worth carrying a chip on your shoulder about.

Comment

Is that part of the same interview where Schaefer said that it cost ?40,000 to put a patch up on PSN?

Comment

Tim and Ron yapping about Adventure games for 35 mins.

Some additions to the rewards.

30$ and above get a digital Soundtrack from the Documentary.
                        60$ and above get a pdf art book.
                        100$ and above get a boxed copy of the game and documentary.
                        500$ and above get a physical copy of the art book.

Many of you have been asking if this means we?ll be taking a bit more time with the production, and the answer is yes. This is not a cute, quick little game anymore. This is the real deal. This is a capital-G Game.

Comment

Ended up watching the whole conversation, really interesting stuff. Tim and Ron both seem like very likable and funny guys and it was cool hearing them talk about their old games.

Comment

I remember seeing some artwork of a pink nurse type character from an adventure point n click game that Ron Gilbert and Schafer had supposedly been considering before Maniac Mansion was made which had been recently worked on when Gilbert came over. I think it was in EDGE or Gamestm the other month. Wonder if this game is them making that one at last?

Comment

The Ron Gilbert game and Kickstarter project are two separate games, Gilbert has been working on it for a while. He confirms it on his blog too.

Ron Gilbert's often incoherent and bitter ramblings about the Game Industry

Comment

Ends in 13 hours and it's about to reach three million.

They've setup a ustream from their office for the final countdown/celebration (not live at the moment).

End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

[HIDE]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure[/HIDE]

Comment

Working...
                                X