No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to pick this up for ?36 with a zavvi code, can't wait! How long do you guys reckon til release? I'm thinking a while yet as they don't even have 2 of the races playable or something? And they are releasing a new area this beta weekend, meaning the world isn't even ready to play in it's entirety. Plus I read mention that there will be roughly one beta weekend per month... I hope I'm wrong, I want this yesterday~

The CE's look rubbish! If you're into the statue, great. But the typical soundtrack cd, art thingies are all tat IMO.

Comment

My thought to, I don't dislike figures but at 100+ quid it needed to be more than just a figure and the soundtrack. Its not even a proper artbook is it?

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      The CE's look rubbish! If you're into the statue, great. But the typical soundtrack cd, art thingies are all tat IMO.
      So I have all signed up now, beta has been downloaded and ready for the weekend. I tried to log in to GW last night but had lots of issues. I know the new game is coming but it feels like they are abandoning the old game.

Comment

So if I pre purchase this directly from NC Soft, will I be able to play the beta this weekend?

Comment

Yeah Sane, that's correct. It starts tonight around 7pm I think? That client download is pretty big btw, reading 12.7gb for me.

Found this skill tool yesterday. If anyone is unsure which weapons to equip in either hand then play around with it, there's some interesting combinations.

Need to look into joining a guild next

Comment

We can make a BD guild as stated before Adam.

Comment

So was I the only one who played? Thought it was a bit of a let down tbh. Performance was terrible (yes yes it's a beta) running off the CPU which didn't help. I couldn't gel with any of the classes, they seemed mostly the same. Whack 1 to start auto attack then press 2 and 3 when cooldowns are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                So was I the only one who played? Thought it was a bit of a let down tbh. Performance was terrible (yes yes it's a beta) running off the CPU which didn't help. I couldn't gel with any of the classes, they seemed mostly the same. Whack 1 to start auto attack then press 2 and 3 when cooldowns are ready.
                I didn't post back here but I kind of thought the same, blind faith tells me all my issues will be sorted before launch but on first play..

I made a Charr Necromancer and got him to level 3-4, one of my issues which might of been changable but I couldn't easily see how was that in the old game if you wanted to talk to someone in town or attack someone out of town you just double clicked, now it seems you have to press F or a number to attack with a certain attack rather than just hit someone with your axe, is that right?

Then after I got to level 3 I picked up a decent wand for my Necro and sold my starting axe, but then I was left with what seemed like only 1 poor attack and no options to heal or anything, I was at this point trying to defeat a Seige Devourer that was continually destroying me in 3 hits, and I couldn't seem to get out of the place where it was either.

I also encountered massive banding lag where I'd be running around one second firing off attacks and suddenly I'd jump somewhere else and be dead on the floor, I know this is all Beta stuff but still..

Anyways when I played the Diablo III Beta I was hooked easy to start off, fun to play, simular to the old games but better and great to play through too, by the end of it I was desperate for more! With the Guild Wars 2 Beta I played for a bit and got frustrated and left it, then I played it a bit more later and felt the same, then the weekend had passed.

Saying this I see other people's videos and pictures of playing it and it looks great so maybe I just needed to give it more time and get used to it, we'll see by the next beta..

Comment

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT). This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers...

Beta will be playable again on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT) for a stress test. Don't think they've made any updates to the game or anything though.

Comment

So, shouldn't there be a bordersdown server?

Comment

Have a few days off work and am thinking about getting this, but I'm curious, is the early access still open to people who buy the game online now?

Becuase if not I will just wait until tomorrow and get a boxed copy.

Comment

Should be, i purchased it from the website on saturday when early access already started. I'm on Desolation. Have yet to play it some more though, trying to get through Darksiders 2 first.

Comment

Thanks, I've bought it and got it downloading now.

Hopefully it runs on my laptop.

Comment

This is top of the charts right now.

Comment

Anyone here still playing this? I still am, though I was a big fan of the first. There's a big event on tomorrow.

Comment

My mate gave me his account recently and I attempted to play it. The controls just feel so backwards after playing Tera so long though.

Little unfair to drop it just for the older styled controls though.

Comment

Working...
                                X