Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crimson Dragon (formerly Project Draco - Panzer Dragoon Kinect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can see the ea's and the activisions still exploiting the user-base but i doubt Microsoft will still be putting games out on it, you just have to look at how fast the original xbox was dropped or how they do business elsewhere
    That's not going to happen is it. MS couldn't wait to drop the XBox as they were lossing loads for everyone sold and unlike then, MS have just brought out yet another re-designed 360;Sure software support will move to the XBox One but that's only what Nintendo, Sony and the rest of the console makers have done in the past

Comment

I think you are right TA. The Xbox was showing its age when the 360 arrived, but many people are still excited about the 360 and buying games for it. The userbase is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
        link?

Apologies for using You Tube but I couldn't get a link from Dailymotion.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I think you are right TA. The Xbox was showing its age when the 360 arrived, but many people are still excited about the 360 and buying games for it. The userbase is massive.
          People are forgetting one thing though.
          On Xbox 360 it was a Kinect ONLY XBLA game, I highly doubt that user base is interested in Crimson Dragon.
          The better idea is to bunch this game into a new console launch, people tend to pick up any old ****e because it's new.
          Game should stand a better chane on Xbox One that it ever did on XBLA.
          They announced the price should be $19.99, which is same price as State of Decay, Minecraft. That converts over to ?13.49 currently but I'd be expecting ?14.99, for the UK shaft.

Comment

Improved graphics on the xbox one too

Crimson Dragon was originally scheduled to be an Xbox 360 downloadable game. But as fortune and Mike Fahey's prayers would have it, it is now an Xbox One launch title.

Comment

I've decided I'll get this. That said it still doesn't look as good as Orta and despite being a day one game I'm not expecting great sales for it.

Comment

I wish we could have an HD remake of saga. Only ever got to play the first disc on the Saturn magazine back in the day

Comment

This has.... micro transactions.
                  Although: "I don't like that this system is in place in the slightest, but I never once felt like I had to pay money. Instead, I was inspired to level up my dragons through normal gameplay, and simply improve my skills."

"There are some mechanical problems, but any old-school rail shooter fan will be able to handle them."

Comment

Micro transactions? FFS, even with the mediocre reviews (IGN especially) I was still quite excited for this. However I refuse to pay for anything that has micro transactions, so yet another game off my wish list. Thank god Dead Rising 3 turned out ok, just that and KI for me on launch day now.

Comment

My main problem with levelling games (including stuff like Forza) is that you don't know if you are getting better scores because you are improving or just because you bought better wings for your dragon / better brakes for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
                        Micro transactions? FFS, even with the mediocre reviews (IGN especially) I was still quite excited for this. However I refuse to pay for anything that has micro transactions, so yet another game off my wish list. Thank god Dead Rising 3 turned out ok, just that and KI for me on launch day now.
                        It's not like it's pay to win so what's the issue? You could buy guns on Dead Space 3, but it didn't bother me because I never looked at it. So long as it doesn't make a game unplayable (or pay to win) I don't have an issue with people being able to pay for things instead of spending their time with them. Some people have more money than time...

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                          I wish we could have an HD remake of saga. Only ever got to play the first disc on the Saturn magazine back in the day
                          Rumours are that the source code was lost after a disgruntled employee deleted it. I do hope that this is one of those urban legends that isn't completely true.

I'd buy an emulated version though, quite frankly.

In the case of Crimson Dragon, it doesn't help that this game has actually been finished for ages. Apparently a 360 version has even been available on Partnernet for an age. While we all benefit from the removal of mandatory Kinect support and improved graphics, you can't help but feel that this game will be forgotten, launch to poor sales and never heard from again except in some absurd Eurogamer 'worst launch games' list in 10 years time. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Comment

I'm hoping reviewers played it at a low difficulty or something, and that's part of the low scores (apart from an 8 from destructoid- it'd be nice if our opinions match his!).

I loved Zwei, but never really played Orta or Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                              link?
                              This one maybe?

I'd never seen that and it does look pretty good from that. I hope this one has some good music.

Comment

The reason the game got low scores is because the people reviewing it are retards that have no idea what panzer Dragoon is or they may have only just played it for the first time because they had to review this game. Add the fact that these people probably gew up on open world games means they thing everything needs to be like that. I'm willing to bet that this game is just as playable as any Panzer Dragoon game. I'm buying it. **** what the idiot reviewers say. there have been countless times they've slagged off a game that actually turned out to be great fun and many a time when a so called AAA title is nothing more than medioca bull ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X