Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
    My local game still aren't stocking Vita games that aren't published by Sony. Pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, went to pick it up last Wednesday "it's been put back", despite reading just minutes earlier TKEurope stating that today is the day to pick it up. I didn't have the patience to wait so bought 2 ?15 PSN vouchers to get the digital release (which I could have done Tuesday FFS). Checked my rewards points after I left, they took 300 points off me for cancelling the pre-order (that they couldn't supply) which I put ?2 down on, and gave me 140 points for the ?30 I just spent, so now despite having spent more money with them my points are worth less. Charming.
    It's out been since Friday, I have it, ikobo had it what are game playing at

Comment

I noticed on a few of the psvita games I bought from Game that they had a sticker on the back stating that the item was property of Sony until sold at a till.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Depends if there's actually anybody in the warehouse to ship it on a Saturday surely?
        And at the Post Office.

Stuff I buy online takes min. 5 days to get to me, so at least you can't complain about that.

Comment

Read back up the thread, Sony did that for stock that went to everyone.

GAME's issue here is that a lot of publishers are still not selling them stock on credit. They're having to negotiate on a per-game basis, and that means picking and choosing their battles. And a bunch of non first party titles for the Vita probably fell quite far down the list (which, looking at this weeks chart, was probably a mistake)

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            And at the Post Office.

Stuff I buy online takes min. 5 days to get to me, so at least you can't complain about that.
            True, but I wouldn't want to stop anybody from having a bitch about GAME. I mean, not when every other online retailer (Zavvi, Play, HMV) have such stellar reputations among gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              True, but I wouldn't want to stop anybody from having a bitch about GAME. I mean, not when every other online retailer (Zavvi, Play, HMV) have such stellar reputations among gamers.
              I can agree with that simple rule is if you want it there and then ddl or the store is the best bet online no one beats amazon though (well if you are prime anyways)I can complain about them outright lying to customers about release dates being put back when they are not for example Ninja Gaiden on vita, happily on display in HMV, Grainger, Tesco, Asda to be told in Game "oh it's not out yet" when it's everywhere but there (unless every other retailer has broken street date that's just deceptive)
              Last edited by ETC; 27-02-2012, 13:19.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                I can complain about them outright lying to customers about release dates being put back when they are not for example Ninja Gaiden on vita, happily on display in HMV, Grainger, Tesco, Asda to be told in Game "oh it's not out yet" when it's everywhere but there (unless every other retailer has broken street date that's just deceptive)
                That's specific to certain stores. I've said it before but not all stores are the same and those of us that enjoy our jobs and want to give great customer service tell the truth. The Ubi or Koei-Tecmo games weren't stocked for launch.

That's what I told people. Shame not everyone feels the asme way.

Comment

the guy in the Portsmouth game told me they didnt get any ubisoft games whatsoever for launch even though they admitted to them being released

the Portsmouth store in the cascades is pretty decent with knowledgable staff

Comment

Went into GAME Walthamstow branch (interesting to note that nearby HMV & Gamestation branches have been closed and replaced by other shops) earlier today.

Pretty grim experience, truth be told. New stock looked VERY thin on the ground, not many customers in the store. UMvC3 360 version seems near-impossible to come by at GAME stores. Astonishingly (and quite embarrassingly), promo material for The Last Story was STILL on their shelves!

I'm currently trying to get rid of ?40 credit (?35 gift card, ?5 on reward card). Eventually purchased some PSN & Nintendo eShop cards, had guy at the till desperately trying to get me to purchase accessories and/or pre-orders, all of which I politely declined. Poor chap was/is clearly under pressure to shift stock.

Feel really sorry for the frontline staff at GAME stores (I know a lot of people don't, but I've honestly never had a bad experience at GAME stores - I've always found staff to be polite and helpful). The way things seem to be going for the company, the large majority of them look like they may well lose their jobs despite their employers f**king up royal.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-02-2012, 15:26.

Comment

Alot of stores don't seem to be getting their 10 year leases renewed, there's a number of closures planned soon.

Comment

Good and bad experiences with Game staff over the years (really nice guy in the one next door to Boots currently) . My message to all the good ones is - hope it all sorts itself out and you get to keep your jobs.

Comment

Aside from being lied to the other day, I have had many more good experiences in my local GAME and like/get on with a lot of the staff, so if it's true there are going to be store closures soon, I hope the decent men and women don't pay for others mistakes with their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
                            Aside from being lied to the other day, I have had many more good experiences in my local GAME and like/get on with a lot of the staff, so if it's true there are going to be store closures soon, I hope the decent men and women don't pay for others mistakes with their jobs.

What did they lie to you about?

Comment

Game & Gamestation not stocking Mass Effect 3

They are also not stocking Tiger Woods, Fifa Street or Sims Showtime.

They couldn't get credit from EA.

This news hasn't hit the internet yet. I know from a source who had an internal email a few minutes ago.

This is very bad news indeed.
                              Last edited by phorenzik; 29-02-2012, 10:08. Reason: typo

Comment

Wow no mass effect 3 spells the end for game maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X