No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got those ?5 vouchers that Gameplay gave us too!

Comment

It's a shame that gamestation fall under the same banner as GAME, because after today I'd be happy to see them die on their arse.

Their customer service line is a ****ing farce. Premium rate number, first call was stuck on hold for about 10 minutes. Got through to some uninterested sounding girl, explained my problem, put on hold again for another 5 minutes while she presumably toddled off for a smoke, after which time I was hung up on.

Called back, 6 minutes of hold, possibly got the same ignorant girl again, attempted to explain my problem a second time and while I was still talking I get hung up on AGAIN!

It's like I was saying earlier in this thread - I have genuine sympathy for those who are actually passionate about working for GAME group potentially losing their jobs if they go under, but sadly it's a case of one bad egg spoils the whole carton (or whatever the saying is)

Comment

So GAME are not stocking Street Fighter x Tekken or Asura's Wrath this week.

How many more publishers are there? We're down Ubisoft, Capcom, EA, and Nintendo.

Comment

It must be all over now, really feel for some of the staff, the might of the internet and supermarkets have won the battle.

Comment

They really arn't stocking Street Fighter x Tekken now? They have been pimping it hard in my local store.

Comment

It's still on the front page of their website, so it seems unlikely they aren't.

Comment

Sorry, just reporting what MCVUK have said, they could be wrong.
                A few other sites are also reporting it though.

Comment

My local store is only stocking the special edition

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                    Sorry, just reporting what MCVUK have said, they could be wrong.
                    A few other sites are also reporting it though.
                    Sorry, I wasn't debunking you.
                    Well MVC has quotes from Capcom, so you were right.

Comment

You really get the feeling this is payback from the publishers for the aggressive pre owned stance of the past.. Still not fair on the staff though still I don't really imagine Asuras wrath to sell a lot (I thought it was pleh), Street Fighter will probably be pretty good seller but without a Mass Effect either it's not looking good

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                        So GAME are not stocking Street Fighter x Tekken or Asura's Wrath this week.
                        Your kidding, just preordered this on the GAME website.

Comment

i just wonder if more publishers start to get twitchy exactly what will Game / Gamestation be selling? I cant imagine anyone wanting to place a preorder at this point in time as there is no guarantee it will be honoured, and then leaves only second hand. Unfortunately the trade in prices are not competitive and im not even sure they are price matching trade in prices anymore. That deal where you can buy 5 psn vita games for 75p more than if you bought on the psn store is inspiring even less hope.

Comment

I'm not sure but I did get ?28 for Dynasty Warrior Next on Saturday maybe because they never had it but that was the highest of all the trade in prices I was offered for it

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              You really get the feeling this is payback from the publishers for the aggressive pre owned stance of the past..
                              At times like this I'm reminded of the following song:
                              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

It's much more than that the publishers have long hated GAME and their attitude to buying stock, demanding massive discounts, refusing to stock a lot of titles, telling you they expect your latest game to do worse than the last one over the phone and just being down right arrogant at time.

The writing was always on the wall the minute they got into trouble the knives started coming out left, right and centre. They reap what they sow and sadly right now the publishers can?t sharpen the knives quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
                                Your kidding, just preordered this on the GAME website.
                                GAME suffered yet another blow today after Capcom confirmed that two of its high-profile releases will not be stocked b…

Looks like its true, there's an official statement from Capcom.

Comment

Working...
                                X