Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be nipping in tomorrow then!

Comment

went in a lunch and some new stock does appear to be down all ready in the oxford street store. Most stuff just seems to have a fiver off though. Collectors Edition of KOTOR MMO is ?49.99 that about the best thing I saw most of the secondhand stuff was just crap though portal 2 ?20 on 360. It ?14.99 on amazon new...

Comment

According to my local GS they are not stocking any NEW games at all this month. Guess I am getting the digital Unit 13 tomorrow then

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
          According to my local GS they are not stocking any NEW games at all this month. Guess I am getting the digital Unit 13 tomorrow then
          I ordered of the website, just spoke to them and they said they have received stock today and will be shipping today/tomorrow. Stock was late in to them, no reason given why.

Edit
          * 3:30pm and its shipped!
          Last edited by djtickle; 08-03-2012, 14:32.

Comment

I popped into my local Gamestation after ages today, and saw the usual problems as well as very low stock. I saw Soul Calibur 5 priced at three different points new it seemed, 29.99, 30 something and one copy for 59.99. I would hope the last one is a mistake as it was the standard edition, but although someone explained the reasoning behind that on here once (I forget), it seems silly and can lead to someone picking up the wrong box in a rush and paying a lot or a bit more. They have almost zero niche titles, it's all the popular stuff really and they push the second hand stuff like mad. It's still probably the best shop in my area, but it's a shame how things are and have been for ages. Then again, I popped into CEX for a bit and some of the staff are scary and rude, makes Gamestation look like the Hilton, although CEX have a better variety (of mostly scratched to hell stuff) but I don't really trust CEX at all.

Comment

The vultures are going in.
              Blockbuster district managers are demanding store managers to flyer mass effect outside of game and gamestation stores. On Friday and Saturday morning.
              Last edited by huxley; 08-03-2012, 16:21. Reason: Added days

Comment

Ah ole Blockbuster putting the boot in.
                My local one is about a mile away from GAME store, personally don't think the staff could even be arsed walking the distance.

Comment

We refused. We have a good relationship with our local gamestation.

Comment

Popped into both stores today, saw people buying 20 a time. Rediculous. They probably won't even get to play any of them. Didn't find anything i wanted at either of mine, was looking for a cheap copy of splatterhouse and vanquish.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                      but I don't really trust CEX at all.
                      CeX is really hit and miss and depends entirely on the staff of the day, whether its a franchise or main store and I guess on kind of on what your expectations are.

Went in to Game in Guildford today and picked up some bargains, loads of good older games at stupid prices which would have been great had I not already played them (which I guess is the problem, and why they are so cheap!).

Two proper gamers behind the till who knew what they were on about and are the type that I would feel sorry for if the company went under. Had a genuine chat about the Wii, how the guy had picked up (and was loving) Tales of the Abyss 3DS when it was traded in yesterday and even about gaming forums for a brief second (I mentioned here, he'd heard of it but nothing more, apparently he's a member on some Nintendo centric board).

Store really did look empty though and it's clear they are a company in desperate trouble.

Comment

They are all doing it

HMV in Portsmouth had a flip chart outside the store with all the games that game arnt getting telling everyone they have loads of stock available on release

Comment

Man I wish that was my receipt

Hotukdeals is also reporting pre-owned Hardware sale for tomorrow with prices.

PSPS:

BASE MODEL: ?29.99
                          2000: ?39.99
                          PSP GO AND 3003: ?49.99

WII'S:
                          WHITE: ?39.99
                          BLACK: ?49.99
                          BLUE WITH LONDON MARIO OLYMPICS: ?59.99
                          RED LIMITED EDITION MARIO: ?59.99

PS3'S:
                          40GB, 80GB AND 60GB: ?99.99
                          120GB AND 160GB: ?129.99
                          250GB AND 320GB: ?149.99

XBOX 360:
                          20GB AND 60GB; ?69.99
                          250GB SLIM: ?129.99

Comment

I should really head into town soonish. Two game stores in Kingston, although people around London are pretty savvy so I bet all the good stuff is gone.

Also CeX may be hit or miss but typically I've found it to be the best game store in terms of pricing - simply because everything is individually priced and not just lumped into a few price points.

Comment

Events today lead me to believe GAME are indeed going very soon.

Bought 1200 points from gamestations website to use the ?5 voucher given to me from the closure of gameplay, and paid by PayPal. Next day I still hadn't gotten my email with the code on, which was strange after using them before it was instant.

Rung them today, problem with PayPal on their end they said, so I paid by card, and they gave me a reduced price for the trouble. Still nothing a few hours later so rang again, the order was not being processed for some reason and was sent to an offline team. As an apology I was given ?5 on my gamestation reward card.

Now I get an email saying the second order at the reduced price has been cancelled.

They can't even provide emails with MS points now... Along with the seeming liquidating of there stock... Me thinks it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                I should really head into town soonish. Two game stores in Kingston, although people around London are pretty savvy so I bet all the good stuff is gone.
                                Used to always have this issue in Brighton, Guildford on the other hand, despite surely being full of devs(?) often has stock of decent stuff no problem
                                Originally posted by speedlolita
                                Also CeX may be hit or miss but typically I've found it to be the best game store in terms of pricing - simply because everything is individually priced and not just lumped into a few price points.
                                Don't get me wrong I am a great CeX lover - you should see my online account, must have 500+ orders and I used to be in the Brighton store every few days! Just I get why people hate them as even though I knew and liked most of the Brighton people (one was a mate from school) there were some right idiot staff every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X