Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?3 pads! im in for that!

Comment

Twas actually ?3 for 800 Microsoft Points the old card ones not the new till printout ones, reckon if there were any staff would have most of them (know I would)

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        Twas actually ?3 for 800 Microsoft Points the old card ones not the new till printout ones, reckon if there were any staff would have most of them (know I would)
        Dang! Tempted by a ?100 ps3 thou!

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
          Used to always have this issue in Brighton, Guildford on the other hand, despite surely being full of devs(?) often has stock of decent stuff no problem
          Devs all buy online

Judging from the mountain of packages in the office every Friday morning, I think Amazon get a lot of our orders. There's going to be a huge stack of Mass Effect and SFxTekken in reception tomorrow.

Comment

Hehe, I'm not surprised tbh!
            I kind of inadvertently found out that a guy from EA (googled his name (sad!) and he was a coder on Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit) lives in my block of flats the other week - there was a huge box sticking out of the cardboard recycling bin which had his name,the EA/Criterion Games office address and a huge Zavvi logo on the front of it

Comment

Damn, it's like the last days of Saigon and I'm nowhere near a GAME store.

Would anyone be willing to pick up some stuff and post it to a holding address in Southampton for me, in exchange for PayPal funds covering cost and postage? I'm mainly after low-priced PS3 crap, like Genji, Sonic Hedgehog and others.

So disappointed I'm missing out on this.
              Last edited by Sketcz; 09-03-2012, 13:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                So disappointed I'm missing out on this.
                Trust me your not .. Every store I have been in so far dont even have any of these 'offers' available.

Comment

Embattled high street shop GAME "has two weeks to turn its fortune around", according to a new report. Senior members o…

It really does look like the end game now given the crap on sale I saw ssx for ?37.99 secondhand seems to be different stores are offering different prices. I imagine next week the cost cutting will be even more. Death is now knocking on games door

Comment

If this was a Mortal Kombat fight I think the announcer just said "Finish Him" will they get a last ditch mercy save or will it be fatality?

Comment

It's worse than it's dead Jim: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...administration

Edit - I see that link above also mentions this.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                        Trust me your not .. Every store I have been in so far dont even have any of these 'offers' available.
                        My local has big orange posters and people by the door dragging people in and tbh more people in there than I have ever seen! Went in for Unit 13 which they didnt have.

I have never worked in a shop, or any other job that deals with the public, so dont really know how things work ettiquette-wise. But the guy in Blockbuster was almost cumming in his pants laughing about how Gamestation are at the mo. After trying to sell me Mass Effect he went on some speech about how they deserve it blah blah blah...more gleeful than Daragon seems to be about the whole episode (did a manager from GAME touch him as a boy??)

Anyway, after trying to sell me Mass Effect he stopped for breath so I commented on how the place was all swapped around and had changed to a new layout. Turns out that it had been refitted just after Black Ops was released

Annoyed him more by walking out without buying it after finding all the VITA games were unsealed in the drawer and the woman working with him was laughing about how she dropped the lot on the floor earlier and for the manager to check "his game isnt full of fluff"!!

Anyway...this needless ramble about a low paid jerk was brought to you by 5 hours in the pub after work
                        Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 09-03-2012, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                          more gleeful than Daragon seems to be about the whole episode (did a manager from GAME touch him as a boy??)
                          Thankfully for them, GAME group wasn't around when I was younger. My beef with the group and the companies which it consists of comes from being dicked around by poor service on far too many occasions, partnered with disgustingly high prices and shoddy condition products sold as new. As I've said plenty of times, those employees who genuinely concern themselves with exemplary customer service receive my sympathies. Everyone else, well I'll leave it at that I think...

On a Blockbuster related note, wtf is going on there? I get the latest newsletter from them and it's titled "Games Insider 41: EA Games... it's not in the Game" and inside the letter itself isn't much kinder. Was there some sort of childish spat between the two entities at one point?
                          Last edited by Daragon; 09-03-2012, 16:50.

Comment

I got an e-mail from Game today enticing me to pre-order Assassin's Creed 3 with them. That's some pretty optimistic marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by pentarou View Post
                              I got an e-mail from Game today enticing me to pre-order Assassin's Creed 3 with them. That's some pretty optimistic marketing.
                              Wouldn't be at all surprised if GAME start charging in full for preorders at the time of order as opposed to dispatch like Gamestop do.

Another reason why a gamestop buyout would be bad news.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't be pre-ordering anything from GAME in its current situation, so charging in full for pre-orders would have a near 100% drop off I'd imagine.

This news today can't be good for business so it's only going to hasten their demise as people shop elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X