Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post

On a Blockbuster related note, wtf is going on there? I get the latest newsletter from them and it's titled "Games Insider 41: EA Games... it's not in the Game" and inside the letter itself isn't much kinder. Was there some sort of childish spat between the two entities at one point?
    Was only joking btw

Gamestation used to run the games part of Blockbuster...in my local at least...the weekend Forza 2 came out was a few days after that partnership ended (only remember cuz BB were selling it on release for 19.99 to steal the thunder) so maybe it stems from that?? pathetic anyway...

Comment

Wouldn't be at all surprised if GAME start charging in full for preorders at the time of order as opposed to dispatch like Gamestop do.

Another reason why a gamestop buyout would be bad news.
      Yeah from what I heard GameStop are quite hated in the US with buiness practices worse then GAME, such as trying to force people to buy second hand games and having barely any new games in stock.

From what I heard however they are unlikely to enter the UK market as it was too competitive e.g. they want to sell all games at ?59.99.

In truth the industry needs to grow up and start charging about ?10 - ?20 for new titles to improve sales, if it wants to become more like the films industry it needs to be more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        Yeah from what I heard GameStop are quite hated in the US with buiness practices worse then GAME, such as trying to force people to buy second hand games and having barely any new games in stock.

From what I heard however they are unlikely to enter the UK market as it was too competitive e.g. they want to sell all games at ?59.99.

In truth the industry needs to grow up and start charging about ?10 - ?20 for new titles to improve sales, if it wants to become more like the films industry it needs to be more like it.
        The film industry isn't getting any cheaper though, it's about ?15 to watch a 3D Imax film these days. ?10-?20 is a bit harsh for new games. I'd certainly go with nothing over ?30 for brand new in-store though, or at the very least leave online pricing as it is and just have in-store match it.

Comment

The film industry isn't getting any cheaper though, it's about ?15 to watch a 3D Imax film these days. ?10-?20 is a bit harsh for new games. I'd certainly go with nothing over ?30 for brand new in-store though, or at the very least leave online pricing as it is and just have in-store match it.
          I was thinking more along DVD prices as I rarely see films at the cinema these days, I still think the industry was stupid to allow the arcade industry to die out as it used to act as the cinema for the industry sure it needed to change but there is so much you could do now with arcade that you couldn't do back then.

I'd be interested to know how many more people would have gone into game if they had the odd arcade to play.

Comment

Thankfully for them, GAME group wasn't around when I was younger.
            Hehe, they were when I was and no doubt I got ripped off big stylie for several years

Regarding Blockbuster, I also don't understand their glee. The Guildford and at least 2 Brighton branches (including one I'd been going to for yonks on London Road when I lived there) are all closed down now and I'm sure many others are too. Perhaps they are hoping this will "save" them?

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
            Was only joking btw

I said something similar in another thread!

Comment

Shares ended the day at 3.51p.

A slow and painful death.

I'll be paying Gamestation a visit tomorrow to use up my remaining credit.

If they go under, and cannot find a buyer, what will happen to all their 2nd hand stock?

Comment

It'll be sold off by the administrator to the highest bidder along with any other assets they have to clear the debts.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

If they go under, and cannot find a buyer, what will happen to all their 2nd hand stock?
                  They are currently having a sale to clear out stock, much of it will be at a loss/breaking even

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

They are currently having a sale to clear out stock, much of it will be at a loss/breaking even

Comment

It's certainly a struggle to find new games at Gamestop here in Canada. Pre-owned games are now lovingly stickered as "Recycled" too which is a strange way of describing them.

Comment

Crazy business I could have swapped 3 games I had with me for 3 consoles today, I was offered ?40 trade in each for sfxt, me3 and ssx. I for one don't know why blockbuster are being all smug they are the ****test game retailer out of all of them personally I would rather go without than give them anything, out of the 4 times I have ever been in one I got the ****test service was sold a broken disc (literally) and refused a refund on a factory sealed item. Bunch of ******

Comment

GAME were offering ?40 for SFxT?

Comment

The GS I was in did, think its down to ?35 now

Comment

Costs me and wife 5.50 for regular films during day and 7.00 for 3D and that's for us both. For once being disabled has its plus and cater goes free. Anyone want to do a mass day out and one keeps bringing my chair out for 2 more over and over haha ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                                Costs me and wife 5.50 for regular films during day and 7.00 for 3D and that's for us both. For once being disabled has its plus and cater goes free. Anyone want to do a mass day out and one keeps bringing my chair out for 2 more over and over haha ;-)
                                Only fair it's cheaper mate, you brought your own seat last time I went I went for gallery tickets for a 3d imax film ?23 each!

Comment

Working...
                                X