No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guessing id be crazy not to get my Starwars Xbox deposit back ASAP!?

Comment

the game in Portsmouth where i had my pre-order for unit 13 couldnt fullfill it

apparently they had delivery issues and the store was dead

went to the game on the high street (commerical road) and they had about 10, so got it there

Comment

The boot comes in again from EA

Comment

Three supermarkets and five websites, excluding HMV's high street presence. Grim.

Comment

That's the future right there. Supermarkets everywhere, with just a broad selection of everything and the top ten items in each category. Everything else is online.

Comment

And rising unemployment and crime, yipee.

Comment

Went in to Game today to get my ?20 deposit back on the SWars Xbox. Thankfully they put the ?20 back onto my debt card instead of store credit. The guy on the till asked if I'd lost interest in buying it. I replied saying I didn't have much confidence in Game existing by the time it gets released. He then gave me a load about how it was only available from Game or GS which is strange cause I swear I pre-ordered one from Amazon just last night.

Comment

The staff at store level have to have some hope. It's not their fault higher level decisions have put them in this situation.
                  Prospect of losing their jobs must be very stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                    The staff at store level have to have some hope. It's not their fault higher level decisions have put them in this situation.
                    Prospect of losing their jobs must be very stressful.
                    Very stressful! Takes a lot of effort not to retort when someone says "I'll take my hard earned money elsewhere"with some sick kind of "ooh, look at the trafficaccident" mentality. Its only a few though with most being really nice and not actually seeming to know the bigger picture - just the good deals.

I'm strangely optimistic though. Fingers crossed.

Comment

If the stores go will the website get the plug pulled at the same time?

Comment

I felt like a total git buyin 4 x 48pence move charging stations. Like I was being judged! Hoping for a buyout so that everyone keeps their jobs and maybe someone in charge that is able to cope in the current climate.

Comment

Will a buyout realistically help GAME's long term survival though? Or will the only thing that changes be the people running the show?

If in-store prices only continue to rise with wages not doing so, chances are this will only be a temporary reprieve.

GAME group MUST learn from their mistakes to hope to continue, they need to become more competitive and less greedy.

Comment

This hasn't happened because they are greedy, this has happened because they didn't make enough money. They possibly weren't greedy enough.
                            If GameStop come in, you'll see what greed really looks like!

Comment

They aren't sensible with their outgoings either though, the overheads for GAME and Gamestation must amount to a massive amount. too many stores, too many staff, expenditure on non-worthwhile 'events' like midnight openings etc. Sure, conditions are tough and margins minimalised but GAME has made no previous efforts to compensate for it. It's pure poor management.

Comment

Just being a shop in the prime locations they have and employing 3 or 4 staff and the tiny profit margins they have must mean plenty of stores are running right down to the wire most days.

Comment

Working...
                                X