No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still surprised that merger was allowed.

Comment

Could be a great shop but is wrecked by ****e upper management seems the case I hoe it doesn't go under despite my hate of game as some of the nicest people I know work in my local gs the fun times in there playing pro Evo or rockband with the staff

Comment

Maybe soon I wont be forced into the indignity of being sent back to the office to print off the trade-in prices for 20 games, only to be told fifteen minutes later that I'd been told the wrong thing by another member of staff. And all that after the "that game doesn't exist, I would know" debacle.

Comment

The merger was allowed because HMV, basically. It didn't give them any kind of monopoly.

Anyway, GAME have put out a statement this morning.

Sounds like they're going to try and claw back cash by selling off their non-UK operations.

Comment

I guess people finally got sick of trying to be hawked 6 extra things at the till the only people I feel sorry for are the frontline it was obvious they were screwed from above, I remember going in to game a couple of weeks ago to trade skyward sword they offered me ?11 hmv was ?30 (it's about 20 steps away) I asked them to match as per policy they refused what am I or any customer going to do in that instance, yup hmv got about ?90 off me that day as I wanted 3 new releases if that happens all over the country it's obvious why they are on their arse

Comment

The local store here was previously inhabited by Powerhouse, and Rumbelows before them. Naturally I'm starting to think the building might be cursed or something!

To be honest I pretty much stopped using them as soon as the online retailers caught up, and even before then I used to prefer EB and WH Smith's, as they gave you nice sealed games (not display boxes with the contents stuffed into them at the counter).

As mentioned previously the only thing they tend to do well is new console launches, where the price online is usually around the same as it is in-store anyway, and the whole reservation thing kinda adds to the fun and excitement.
              Around here they're usually first with the demo pods as well - I was in there just yesterday having a go on the PS Vita.
              Last edited by Oldgamingfart; 02-02-2012, 11:46.

Comment

I have ?220 on a gamestation trade in card. Was going to use it on a second Vita I pre ordered there. I put down a ?25 non refundable deposit but worried they will go bump before the Vita launch. Considering writing off the 25 quid and cashing the trade in credit for something else this weekend.If I do that and they sort themselves out I will feel like a right muppet though.
                Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                  I have ?220 on a gamestation trade in card. Was going to use it on a second Vita I pre ordered there. I put down a ?25 non refundable deposit but worried they will go bump before the Vita launch. Considering writing off the 25 quid and cashing the trade in credit for something else this weekend.If I do that and they sort themselves out I will feel like a right muppet though.
                  Any thoughts?
                  They are refundable you just need to move it to a different pre order

Comment

I think you would be fine to wait. Game are considering ditching overseas interests first, so that would afford them some breathing space.

Comment

Well I heard a hint of this back in October last yr. I was warned by a mate to get rid of any GAME vouchers I had asap cos there was a rumour going round the GAME HQ that if their Xmas sales were naff then they may be closing.

Its not surprising tho is it? High prices both instore & online, ****ty trade in values, pre-owned titles at almost new prices, 'new' games resealed with manky marks on the discs, buying out the competition & price matching but with a get out clause.
                      It was bound to happen. I dont feel sorry for them. They became very arrogant & failed to run with the times. They needed a kick up the arse & this is it. If they're willing to learn from their mistakes then I hope it all goes well, but if they dont then I wont shed a tear. Sad for the guys & gals workiing in the stores who deal with all the **** tho.

Comment

Well there where too many stores, poor deals on preowned both for trading and buying. It was easier to blame the developers/publishers and say it was impossible to make money on new games. Would you really make your business on a number of stores per city, then heating/lighting/staff costs and be more intrested in having shelf space for preowned rather than new products? what other large store does that?

Comment

Had to use up the remaining store credit on my little-used loyalty card today, as it'll be useless soon. Nowt to buy, really, all the Christmas time offers seem to have shot back up to RRP or near. Piss-poor selection in stock, to be honest. Bought Pang Magical Michael for the DS, pre-owned, as I couldn't think of anything else. Looks like to me it's a brand new game but sold as pre-owned, which I think Game do with some older software.

Comment

I am trying to use my ?5 voucher but they have next to nothing in stock. Tell tale sign right there!

Comment

Game Grabs A Lifeline

I guess you guys get to bitch about Game for a little longer.

I, meanwhile, still have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Game Grabs A Lifeline

I guess you guys get to bitch about Game for a little longer.

I, meanwhile, still have a job.
                                As do I! Seems to have gone quiet on many forums and Twitter since the announcement. Clearly a lot of happy people not...

Comment

Working...
                                X