No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn emulation runs 60 FPS mostly on Pi 5.

Comparison of Pi4 to Pi5 here: https://youtu.be/7NXUOfAvamg?si=4Aykya1U8wy_qemZ&t=136

Comment

ah nice. Thanks

When doing emulation, will both versions cut it, or is the 8GB memory versionbest suited for Saturn and more challenging systems?
      Last edited by hudson; 31-10-2023, 13:06.

Comment

I've not had problems in the past running the emulators that would run on Pi4 with 4GB. Not sure it the 8GB benefits later systems or not though.

Comment

I saw this today too, which is pretty cool. It's called the Pico Vision and it's a custom board that uses two Raspberry Pi Picos (well, one Pico and an additional RP2040 processor), one of which is configured as a GPU.

The application of these is aimed at digital signage really (something I'd have looked at in my previous job), but you could also do some hacking on it and create a custom Gameboy. It'll run the original Doom at a decent framerate - this is on a microcontroller. Impressive stuff.

A powerful digital video stick for bold audio visual adventures, with dual RP2040 chips and a conveniently HDMI-shaped output connector to boot!

It's not the cheapest at £35 and you could do similar stuff with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W for less, but I'll probably pick one of these up at some point.

Comment

Need a new case for your Raspberry Pi? Then check out these bad boys ..

Comment

Fun little project using s raspberry pi pico, and a bit of software called pico boot (i need a new soldering iron i think as i struggled a bit with it getting hot enough), End result is a Game cube that you can rip your games too and play imports on.

Comment

Well this kinda destroys what Raspberry Pi was meant to be: https://techcrunch.com/2024/06/11/ra...r-ipo-pricing/

Raspberry Pi Foundation (the learning aspect) remains the non-profit it's always been, but the manufacturing part (the part that actually makes money) is now public shareholder owned - this means the line must go up and this is always at the expense of anything good.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Well this kinda destroys what Raspberry Pi was meant to be: https://techcrunch.com/2024/06/11/ra...r-ipo-pricing/

Raspberry Pi Foundation (the learning aspect) remains the non-profit it's always been, but the manufacturing part (the part that actually makes money) is now public shareholder owned - this means the line must go up and this is always at the expense of anything good.

And this is why we can't have nice things.
                  Its industrial and embedded segment now accounts for 72% of its business, which you can bet is now going to be the companies main focus.

More recently, many industrial companies have started integrating the Raspberry Pi in their devices and facilities. The company reports that the industrial and embedded segment represents 72% of its sales​
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 17-06-2024, 09:18.

Comment

Yes it's been heading that way for some time. I'm surprised the IPO didn't happen sooner tbh.

It did make me laugh listening to an interview with Upton when asked about RPi4 shortages and prioritising giving everything to industry - the justification being he didn't want companies going out of business if they couldn't have them. The reality is they'd just have bought something else instead.

So nothing to do with companies ordering thousands of them and prioritsing making money, of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X