Japan, "Your Games Just Suck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Over the last few years the number of great Japanese games has dropped but these morons need to remember that in the 8bit, 16bit, 32bit and even 128bit (Dreamcast) days ,most western (especially American) games were total ****e. The problem is that the gamers of now are too interested in bloody stupid war **** and that's just what the Japanese don't like so it stands to reason that they are not gong to produce anything like that.
    Pretty much nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Completely disagree about western development during the 8,16 but eras. It was all about home computer gaming back then and there were stacks of amazing games coming out all the time. Too many to even begin a list really (ok I'm on a phone and it's hard to type).
      I was talking about consoles though. I was never in to the whole C64, Speccy pr Amiga thing. I am old enough (36) but just was never in to computer games. I don't even play PC games.

Comment

Ah. Well you did say most western games so I thought you meant for all systems. Anyway, western devs, from 8 bit to present day have always managed to make excellent games (and crap ones, same as Japan).

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          Can you name a Japanese FPS that's better than COD then?

In fact, can you name a Japanese FPS?
          Maken X, do I win a prize?

Comment

Never heard of Maken X. Youtubed. Appears to be a first person hack-n-slash em up? Not FPS (lock-on doesn't count). No prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              Never heard of Maken X. Youtubed. Appears to be a first person hack-n-slash em up? Not FPS (lock-on doesn't count). No prize.

Boo, ok and I want a bloody good prize for this one then

Cyber Driver, 2009, Arcade, Taito

(aw yeah!)

Comment

Can't believe Breakdown (Xbox) hasn't been mentioned yet pfft.

Comment

Looked at the list of western shmups posted so far, I stand by it, not even in the same league as the Japanese offerings. The amiga stuff was ****e, best thing about xenon 2 was the title screen music.

Comment

The original Stardust was a great game, but not in gradius or the likes league.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      Looked at the list of western shmups posted so far, I stand by it, not even in the same league as the Japanese offerings. The amiga stuff was ****e, best thing about xenon 2 was the title screen music.
                      Project X

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Project X
                        Might as well stick on Trevor McFur in the Crescent galaxy Marty..................

Comment

We have a WINNER!!! Yep, no disputin' that one.

Prize is a year's supply of BASSETT'S SHERBETT DIPS!!!

Courtesy of Charlesr, pm for further details...

Comment

Might as well stick on Trevor McFur in the Crescent galaxy Marty..................

Hey I paid ?60 for that but I was smashed at the time and it went back the next day for a refund

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              We have a WINNER!!! Yep, no disputin' that one.

Prize is a year's supply of BASSETT'S SHERBETT DIPS!!!

Courtesy of Charlesr, pm for further details...
                              Woo prize... Nom Nom Nom

Comment

Can I add Body Blows and Super Frog?

Team 17, you rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X