XBLA Achievement Limit Being Raised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBLA Achievement Limit Being Raised

This was about time, especially for games that cost 1200 MSP. Some retail games you can get for cheaper than an XBLA game now and carry 5 times the gamerscore.

Apparently going up to 400 points with DLC being allowed to carry an extra 100 points per quarter starting on June 1.

I think this would also help boost some more arcade game sales for achievement hunters.
    For games like I Am Alive I think this would be appropriate as some of the arcade games you can get are massively larger/better than retail counterparts so always felt it was unfair for Arcade games to have less points per title.

Last edited by elaniel; 12-03-2012, 11:03.

Now been confirmed by majornelson.
    Starting next month (April 2012) all new Xbox LIVE Arcade games will have the option to increase from 200 to 400 Gamerscore points, with the addition of up to 30 Achievements. Even better, this Gamerscore increase will be required in all new Xbox LIVE Arcade games starting in June 2012.

"Starting next month (April 2012) all new Xbox LIVE Arcade games will have the option to increase from 200 to 400 Gamerscore points, with the addition of up to 30 Achievements. Even better, this Gamerscore increase will be required in all new Xbox LIVE Arcade games starting in June 2012."

Wonder what will be the first title to take advantage of the 400 GS?
    If devs knew about this in advance it may even explain delays to some games.

Comment

I so hope new Trials has 30 achievements.

PLEASE BE SO.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        Wonder what will be the first title to take advantage of the 400 GS?
        Most likely whatever games are in this years 'Summer of Arcade' promotion, as that'll be around the time the new limit becomes mandatory.

Comment

400G Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. G'wan Sega, make it happen.

Comment

I was thinking they needed to do this, I kept expecting to get random achievements for things in I AM ALIVE but they never came

Comment

Working...
            X