Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PANIC OVER. You can turn your Xbox on again now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PANIC OVER. You can turn your Xbox on again now.

If you unlock an achievement, your Gamerscore will be wiped.

Microsoft are investigating a fix.

Ouch, sometimes I think it might be freeing starting from zero again.

Still, at least it isn't wiping licences. Atm.
    Last edited by MartyG; 13-03-2012, 13:39.

Comment

Where's this being tracked?

Comment

Is this real? If it is then I'm turning it on and unlocking an achievement just to wipe my bloody gamerscore. I'll be cleansed! Purified of my sickness!

Comment

Found it: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x.../t/221331.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            Is this real? If it is then I'm turning it on and unlocking an achievement just to wipe my bloody gamerscore. I'll be cleansed! Purified of my sickness!
            Yeah, it's real, reports of it coming from basically everywhere. Chances are that they'll be able to recover the scores eventually though.

You'd hope, or there will be NERD CHAOS.

Comment

@XboxSupport are now saying sign out and back and it should clear the problem.

Comment

I got Dodonpachi in the mail this morning so I'll stick it in it now, unlock an achievement, and see what happens. I'll report back.

Comment

This couldn't be more off topic if I tried, but CHAOS!!!!!

My local rag the "Chichester Observer" is vying with the Dail Mail for most sensationalist cover story.

"Shockwave of trauma hits school in wake of road horror"

Wasn't sure if I should have included "hits" in the bolded stuff.
                  Whilst they managed 3 of the usual power words in the same headline, they forgot to include the main one "CHAOS", so....

Comment

Okay, I unlocked an achievement but my gamerscore's still intact. Whatever the problem was, I guess it's been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Interesting to see some people claiming they have had the problem when their Gamerscore to the left of the message shows them still having everything intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        Okay, I unlocked an achievement but my gamerscore's still intact. Whatever the problem was, I guess it's been fixed.
                        Apparently recovering your gamertag will restore the lost achievements, too, if anyone was affected

Comment

@ Fader: Maybe their gamertag avatars take a little while to update? I dunno.

Comment

I bet some of the hardcore gamerscore whores nearly had a heart attack if this happend to them earlier.

Comment

Some of the guys on TA have over 100k and some even over 200k. Can you imagine thier face when their gamerscore was wiped - oooopps !.

Comment

Working...
                              X