No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks to all who have backed. I appreciate it! Some good things developing - I must update the main page before tonight.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    You look absolutely nothing like I remember you looking like when I met you, admiteddly many moons ago. I backed the gold tier, though. G'luck!
    Was it at a retro convention? Was I all beard, ripped jeans and heavy metal T-shirt?

Comment

That sounds about right. We were both visiting the rather shortly-lived "Monkey Arcade" in Southampton

Comment

I've been on hols dude. I'll check your emails asap!

Comment

No doubt I'll be backing this, I just have to budget it inside my saving up for my trip in July
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Pledged!

Gold plus digital.

I hope this takes flight and remember to keep a diary for the next book!

I think this deserves promotion in the Headlines and the banner.

I can't wait to read it. Are you doing people like Data East and Taito?

Comment

I'm more than happy to back this project , Gold and digital for me as well. We take interviews with developers for granted these days but there must be loads of interesting tales from the SMS, Famicom, MD and SFC era. I would be very interested to hear about the technical side of development and the classic systems.

What's the chances of speaking to peeps from Treasure and Masaya? Really looking forward to reading what Naosuke Arai has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers

It's mine. If you've read my articles in magazines or online, you'll know I love the history of games, especially the Japanese side of things. There's not many books catering to it, so rather one or two articles a month, I thought I'd interview many people at once. it's also probably the only time I've put avideo of myself on the internet.

It's going to be epic. It's going to comprehensive. It's going to be mind blowing. (And if you follow my posts on here, it's not going to feature exploding bins)

Does it warrant a standalone news story in the news forum? I spoke to Charles who mentioned putting it on the site's front.

The main thing it needs is having the word spread. It will only succeed if people know about it and are interested.

Any questions, do ask!
                I think you just doubled your pledge amount today. I just read about this on Kotaku... Let's see what I can manage...

Comment

I'm loving seeing the pledges go up for this project and all the websites that are talking about it!

Go, Sketcz, go!

Comment

The Armikrog kickstarter went live yesterday and seems to be going at a good pace.

Congratulations and good luck with your project, Sketcz! I'd like to pledge for a Gold Edition print but I'm afraid they'll run out before I get around to do it...

Comment

I've jumped on board with the gold edition as it sounds far too intriguing a project to pass up. This is the first kickstarter I've ever backed. Hope it reaches the goal! Good luck Sketcz!

Comment

just pledged for gold edition, looking forward to the finished product Sketcz!

Comment

Pledged for the Gold/Digital tier. Good luck Sketcz.

Comment

double fine have a new kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...assive-chalice

Comment

Can't Double Fine fund their own bleedin' games?!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                Sounds very promising! Kingdom management game with tactical combat like Final Fantasy Tactics etc. just my kind of game. The idea of your heroes growing old, dying and being replaced by their children sounds very intriguing. I guess this is one more Kickstarter I just have to back...

Comment

Working...
                                X